Rainbow Arches

richardd

Full time elf
Had to break out the mega magnifying glass to read the post ;)

"Using XL4 to do a little Rainbow Arches testing tonight (and a little 7 node Ray Wu strobe action - finally solved my frustration with Ray Wu strobe nodes - bundle 'em in 7 and they are pretty bright)."

I saw a picture but no video Maybe I missed something

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Sorry - fixed the font on original post. It's HDPE pipe that we get from McMaster-Carr in the U.S. I took the Johnson Family Christmas light arch and modified it to create embedded arches (Johnson had the original idea to put strip inside tube for arches). The lighting is just ws2812b strip from Ray Wu.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Yeah thats the tube that I wanted in Aus but couldn't get so we did the acrylic tube bulk buy.

Looks great. Gives me ideas hmmmm

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
mararunr said:
Sorry - fixed the font on original post. It's HDPE pipe that we get from McMaster-Carr in the U.S. I took the Johnson Family Christmas light arch and modified it to create embedded arches (Johnson had the original idea to put strip inside tube for arches). The lighting is just ws2812b strip from Ray Wu.
how can we get the pipe in Australia is there a link to their website for the product maybe we could do a bulk buy on them

mborg10

Michael Borg
http://www.mcmaster.com/#hdpe-tubing/=xnshjp
I tried to get this before I looked at the tube. They basically said they weren't interested in dealing with Australia. Then I tried to source the same thing from China but came up short again.

Talk2coxie pretty much had the same thing a few years back as well.

If you have any luck I'd still be interested.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#hdpe-tubing/=xnshjp
I tried to get this before I looked at the tube. They basically said they weren't interested in dealing with Australia. Then I tried to source the same thing from China but came up short again.

Talk2coxie pretty much had the same thing a few years back as well.

If you have any luck I'd still be interested.
ok so do we have someone in the states who could access these tube and get them sent to us as a bulk buy cause the price is right

Skunberg

Full time elf
If your going to buy bulk you may get a better price from the mfg. Hudson plastics in Ohio. You would arrange your own shipping from there. We have found shipping to be spendy with 100ft or 200ft because of the size. But maybe you can work it out.