Random Flashing on Unuses/Off Strips

tbateson

New elf
I'm testing a new AlphaPix 16 – E1.31 along with Smart Pixel RGB LED - 30 LEDs/m 10 Pixels – 12v strips

Problem: Pixels on other universes are randomly flashing, even when are not programmed. Also, when NO sequences running and all of the software is turned off they are still randomly flashing. Any thoughts?

I have these on a dedicated network using a separate nic card.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Could be lack of power (do you have enough power to run all those pixels)

Could be the network cable (try using another cable).

Could be the distance from controller to the offending pixels.

Could be (but not likely) interference.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I would hope that it's not the case but it could be a code bug as the alphapix is a cheap chinese knockoff of the Pixlite 16.

tbateson

New elf
I have the controller next to the computer - short run there. The strips are connect directly to the controller's pigtails - short run there too.
A couple days ago I did test one strip for distance and was able to reach 40' (12.2m) on these HolidayCoro cables before any issues, so I think we can rule them out at 2' (.6m). I didn't notice any randomness at that time, but I was more looking at the light quality and distance.

jerrymac

Apprentice elf
Go to the LOR board. There is a lengthily discussion re: this David at Holiday Coro is working on a resolution.

tbateson

New elf
jerrymac said:
Go to the LOR board. There is a lengthily discussion re: this David at Holiday Coro is working on a resolution.

Could you post a link to it? As I cannot find that discussion.

tbateson

New elf
Thanks for the link.

From that forum, it seems HolidayCoro is working for a Firmware fix. However it only occurs while the LOR Listener is running, so it makes one wonder where the problem is being caused.