Ray Wu Alternative

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Well it appears that it is that time of year agin where we are starting to get dished out BS tracking number and promises of delivers that seem to take 3 weeks to ship.

I have had every excuse under the sun, and am so over it has anyone had success with any other supplier in China that can be called "reliable" and reasonably priced

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
That may be the case .... But it has to actully leave his office 1st to get stuck in the hold up .... When did China get a conscious in relation to conterfiet items that is what their economy runs on, they would go broke without the knock offs.

RE LSP... that is why I have no patience

adski

Dave Brown
See the Scott LED topic - 10 days from order to delivery, including manufacturing time. In the long term, who knows, but for the moment, it looks good.

Dave

indyeast83

New elf
I was pretty displeased with Ray last year I had a good 40% failure on a very large order and he never once responded to me about trying to make it right. This year for my bulk older I went with this store http://www.aliexpress.com/store/406345 ordered 200 meters LPD6803 5050 RGB strips on 9-13-14 and they arrived on 9-20-14. I'm almost done testing so far no failures every pixel is good no crossed wires nothing. So I'm very pleased with this vendor!

barbotte

Apprentice elf
ԆцряєсϮ said:
What happened to Paul Zhang?
I havent used him as yet but wasnt he going to be the Ray Wu Alternative?
i did used paul this year ,, good product ,, fast and decent price ,, the only problem is that he did not used the same conector as ray so they did not fit last year stuff ,,, maybe he got this fix now ,,cheer

they have 2 Chinese public holiday's about this time of year, but instead of 1 day, the buggers take a few weeks off work, they have mid-autumn day 6-8 sept and national day 1-7 oct, so anything coming out of china at this time of year is slow, production shuts down and creates a backlog, therefore delays, you will find your order mysteriously gets shipped just before the aliexpress completion deadline, i have taken the advice of the regulars on acl and deal direct to ray, therefore removing any mysteries,

mellowcouple

Full time elf
I ordered some lights, stars and power supplies on thusday, got a tracking number on sunday that did not work but took delivery of all that I ordered today. Less than a week from the time I ordeded until it was delivered. That's not bad service.....and I live in northern South Australia.

richardd

Full time elf
I placed an order on the 2nd, there was some special request, I like 4m pigtails on my lights for my megatree, Than before he ship I added a bunch of connectors as I have to replace a number of mines as I'm building new enclosure for the controllers. Still not reeving my order I added 6 more power supplies on the 20 something Yesterday I got a non working tracking number so I guess I will have to wait and see how long it will take

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
mellowcouple said:
I ordered some lights, stars and power supplies on thusday, got a tracking number on sunday that did not work but took delivery of all that I ordered today. Less than a week from the time I ordeded until it was delivered. That's not bad service.....and I live in northern South Australia.

You south aussies must have a different definition of northern Ron. :D Surely you have to be at least half way up to be northern. :p Good to hear that the tracking didn't work as Ray sent me my tracking number and nothings happened, was hoping it might be on it's way. Here's hoping.

mellowcouple

Full time elf
Roy anything north of Gepps Cross is northern here mate.........I sent Ray and email telling him about the tracking number, got an email back this morning telling me to be just wait a little while an hour later the lights were delivered....lol

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
If that's the case I think you are entitled to be called the far north of SA then. Obviously the desert above is not worth much to anyone.

(had to check where Gepps Cross was)

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I talked to Ray on Wednesday last week at AliExpress and got a quote for shipping to NZ and here is a screen shot of the tracking.

I have had great service from Ray in the past as well.

Kev

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 32