Ray's flood lights

David_K

Full time elf
Hi everyone.
Firstly Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all.

I have a problem with the
10W RGB LED flood light DC12V input with 4 wire that we bought from Ray Wu.
We want to use them in our xlights sequence but we are unable to get them do anything with the test through Advatek assistant or through the test in xlights.
The contollers we have are a PixLite 16 MkII Pixel Controller and PixLite 16 MkII ECO Pixel Controller

Is it possible to use these flood with these pixlite controllers?
If so any help would be really appreciated to get them going.
This is the link to the floods we bought from Ray:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...497.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.2d5a06d2PV5Ezm
Thanks
Dave & Julie

videoman3857

Full time elf
Hmmmm. I am not up on the Pixilite controllers, but I do believe they are digital out put. -
you say the light it has 4 wires - I am assuming this would be a dumb RGB Flood and would need voltage output only from the board to make the lights turn on and off
it does not have the ws2811 or whatever chip inside to make it communicate with a digital controller.

I think you needed this type of flood light
Don't take me as gospel as I am only new at this......

David_K

Full time elf
Thank you so much everyone!
flood lights are out this year lol

David_K

Full time elf
We have this old DMX controller, we plugged it into the dongle and flicked the white switch from 1 to 10 and it cycled through the colours
Since its been quite a few years since we used this controller I am at a loss to how to set it up
Will this DMX controller work with xlights and pixlite controllers
Sorry for the dumb questions
Julie

Attachments

• IMG_8596[1].jpg
    IMG_8596[1].jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 12

David_K

Full time elf
I have attached a picture of the dmx controller if anyone maybe able to help

cdbrown

New elf
That's the type of controller you need. Those white switches - dip switches - will set the universe and start channel for the DMX universe. If using the dongle (I guess it's a usb type dongle) I think in xlights in the setup you need to Add USB for a DMX dongle. Pg 46 of the xlights manual discusses setting up DMX models

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I run 10 of those 27 channel DMX controllers via xLights no problems, along with a further 35 3 channel DMX boards. Setting the DMX address is simple once you understand how, and there are even apps for your smartphones/tablets to help you set the switches for the channels you want

David_K

Full time elf
Hi cdbrown and Lithgowlights,

Thankyou for the info cdbrown :D

oh that's great news!
Can you help me setup with xLights please lithgowlights, I have added the dmx to the layout and added the DMX to the sequence but after that I am at a loss.
when putting the "output to lights" button on in xlights I also get a com1 error.
I will attach some screen shots too

Attachments

• com.jpg
    com.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 14
  • dmx 1.jpg
    dmx 1.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 13
  • spot dmx.jpg
    spot dmx.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 13