Recent Coro Creations

AussieDoug

Full time elf
So I've eventually managed to get to a point in building where it feels like you can accomplish something everyday. Over the last week I've made stars, kickboards for my retaining wall stairs & finished my first candle.

Candles, these are 2m (6'6") all with 20 pixels in the bases & 4 in the flames. They are just running on a pixel tester.

https://vimeo.com/100994545

Layout
Candle%20Layout.jpg

Retaining wall kick panels, 1750mm (5'9")long with dumb RGB rectangular modules in them.
Retaining%20Wall%20Stairs.jpg

End view
Step%20End.jpg

Coro Stars, 600mm (2') point to point with dumb RGB rectangular modules. Yes the bottom one is thinner then the rest, it was done on purpose. :)
Stars.jpg

Edit; added imperial measurements

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Glad to see it's all starting to come together.
Well Done.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Fasteddy said:
They look great, where did you get the idea for those ;) :D

The idea was started from yours but the design was more based on the holidaycoro ones in the end. They have a curved front.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Doug, they look great. Thanks for showing us the inside. It's interesting the changes in light intensity as the pixels light up on the way up and then double up as the lights turn on on the way back down.

So is it all one piece (not counting the flame) or are the top and bottom pieces cut out and glued on.

mborg10

Michael Borg
BundyRoy said:
Doug, they look great. Thanks for showing us the inside. It's interesting the changes in light intensity as the pixels light up on the way up and then double up as the lights turn on on the way back down.

So is it all one piece (not counting the flame) or are the top and bottom pieces cut out and glued on.
Checkout fasteddys coro candle design. It has the full instructions in there for the candles

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks Michael and Doug, I have already looked at those. I think next year is my coro year, so just interested and asking questions at this stage.

Do you have to cut any ribs to get the curved surface or does it just bend as is.

Is there any visible difference between the diffusion characteristics of coro when it is a flat or curved surface.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
BundyRoy said:

The main part of the candle is one piece folded around. The top, bottom & flame are glued on
If you watch the how to video from HolidayCoro ot shows you how to do all the required cuts.

BundyRoy said:
Do you have to cut any ribs to get the curved surface or does it just bend as is.

Yes you cut the outside edge to get a nice rounded shape.

BundyRoy said:
Is there any visible difference between the diffusion characteristics of coro when it is a flat or curved surface.

No real difference in the diffusion at all. For anyone other then those of us who have played with itwould never notice the difference.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Coro is just the best for this hobby. It's relatively cheap, easy to work with, doesn't mind getting wet and gives great light diffusion.

arw01

Full time elf
They look fab! Any close up details on the coro stars, need to make a few of those, and your imperical seems off at 600mm 2" from point to point, they sure look a lot bigger than 2" there.. Unless you are talking thickness in height as opposed to across the face.