Recomended 5V Digital Strip from Ray Wu

Snicko

Apprentice elf
Hi Everyone,
Preparing a shopping list for my 2014 display and planning on outlining the house in Digital RGB strip.
Was just wondering which model everyone reccomends in 5V format from Ray wu?

Also do you run Fig 8 down the back of it to inject power after 50 pixels?

Here is my current shopping list - Feedback Appreciated
LED Strip from ray Wu - Going to need almost 100m
PSU 5VDC - Ray wu's reliable? qty of 3 (+2 spares)
PSU 30VDC - to power existing LED Strings - Once again Ray wu's relaiable or meanwell?

I was planning on using the J1SYS ECG-P12R to control the strips, I imagine this is also what i would using if i ever get into doing a pixel tree or matrix screen.

Also how many pigtails should i realistically order - 100 pairs? or do you guys usually use more?

Thanks

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
for me i used the following strip (although the description shows 12v, it was actually 5v.)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5m-DC5V-WS2812B-led-pixel-srip-IP68-in-silicon-tube-30pcs-WS2812B-M-with-30pixels-36W/949715127.html

You may want to actually speak directly with ray and see if he does or can get a hold of larger rolls then 5m if you are after 100m worth.

Also, plugs.. Remember this.. your going to need a minimum of 12 pairs of plugs for your controller, then another XX pairs for the number of strips you buy (100m = 20 strips, so 20 pairs), then more plugs if you need to cut strip to size, then plugs for each of the cables you make.

The number quickly add up, 100 might do you well for the first year, but just do a courtesy head count and make sure you will have sufficient (with redundancy)

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
no idea about those tubes, however, point to note is that those tubes are set to work in parallel only, there is no output wiring from the end of the strip. It may behove you to actually make them if you have time.