Release Release 4.2.11. New effect Plasma

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Release 4.2.11
Some bug fixes.
For the first time this year, I have created a new effect. In 2015 Dan and Gil have been doing all the work so far. I have a few more new effects I want to add in the next few weeks. New effect is called Plasma. I added the effect into Butterfly as Effect Style 6,7,8 and 9. Lots of sliders can be added to this effect but i thought i would get it out since some may want the Black/White effect for Halloween.
I tested a 96x80 horizontal matrix. Save took 8.5 seconds so it is pretty efficient.

Follow these links you will see animated versions. I changed speed slider to three values from slow to fast. Only style and speed work on Style effects 6,7,8,9 (Plasma Effects)

http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/images/plasma8.gif
http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/images/plasma9.gif

Latest releases are found at http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/
Issue Tracker is found here: https://github.com/smeighan/xLights/issues

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
--------------------------------
4.2.11 Sep 20, 2015
-- enh(sean) New effect Plasma. Access this through butterfly. Select Style 6,7,8 or 9
-- bug(dkulp) On a new sequence, make sure the timer is restarted with the right speed
-- enh(dkulp) Allow a custom color for each phoneme in faces.
-- enh(dkulp) Allow multiple face definitions for every model type, not just matrix. Fixes #357.

Habbosrus

Back again
Hi Sean,
The new effect looks great. However, I just tried it, changed colours to black & white, then went through the different steps to take a look. I found that 6, 7 & 8 are getting stuck and reverting to different colours. I tried a couple of times and the same thing happened. I then rebooted (just in case it was my system) and the same thing happened. I tried a couple of different models and same thing. I can see why you wanted to release it for Halloween. It will be a big hit.

Attachments

• black & white 9.JPG
    black & white 9.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 10
  • black & white 6.JPG
    black & white 6.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 11
  • black & white 7.JPG
    black & white 7.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 9
  • black & white 8.JPG
    black & white 8.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 9

smeighan

Dedicated elf
i made a 64x96 horiz matrix and ran the effect for the full length of a song (> 3 minutes), it never hung up.

can you post your sequence xml file so i can try it with your setup?
thanks
sean

Habbosrus

Back again
Hi Sean, Is this all you need? It's just the xml file from a quick sequence I made this morning to show the effect. It's only 6, 7 & 8 that the problem appears and doesn't matter what colours are used.

Attachments

• Christmas Rock Medley.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 7

Habbosrus

Back again
Hi Sean, I'm a dill. I meant to add the rgb effects file to the zipped folder as I thought you may need it and then forgot to add it (I'll blame the medication I've been on :eek: ). I'm sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate you taking a look at it.

Attachments

• Plasma.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 2

smeighan

Dedicated elf
i re-read your post.

You might have missed the release notes
Style 6,7,8,9 are presets. Their colors cannot be changed.
The new Style 10 is the only one that will allow colors to be picked./

I am watching plasma run on your sequence, i dont see any freezing, it has been running one hour.

can you make a small video so i can see what you are doing so i can duplciate the issue?

Habbosrus

Back again
smeighan said:
i re-read your post.

You might have missed the release notes
Style 6,7,8,9 are presets. Their colors cannot be changed.
The new Style 10 is the only one that will allow colors to be picked./

I am watching plasma run on your sequence, i dont see any freezing, it has been running one hour.

can you make a small video so i can see what you are doing so i can duplciate the issue?
Okay, I'm going to pull my head in now. You're right, I obviously didn't read the release notes properly the first or second time I read them (or didn't read them). I can't apologise enough for wasting your time. If there is anything I can do to make up for it, please just let me know.