Dedicated elf
release 4.2.23
Thanks Gil and Dan!

Latest releases are found at http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/
Issue Tracker is found here: https://github.com/smeighan/xLights/issues

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
--------------------------------
4.2.23 Nov 18, 2015
-- enh(gil) Increase max head length and repeat count for Morph.
-- enh(gil) Increase max radius from 200 to 250 for Fan, Galaxy, and Shockwave.
-- enh(gil) Slight tweak to Fan, Galaxy, and Shockwave so that step angle is 0.1 for > 350 instead of 400.
-- bug(gil) Fix Data Layer re-import so it works for all supported file types. Fixes #391.
-- bug(gil) Fix pictures effect so wrapping doesn't leave a gap.
-- bug(dkulp) Fix some problems with the Faces dialog where the first face would get it's data deleted.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi Sean et al
I've got a strange issue when importing stuff from my sequence into the latest XL4 (.22 and .24) and probably older versions too. I create a sequence file, go to import, select the lms file, select the mapping file I have created then at lightning speed that renders it to my xml file and it all looks pretty good. The problem I have is that it "looks" as if all the effects have imported correctly but they don't play. When I open a display element model thingy it doesn't show the effect rendered through the nodes. Usually when I then click on 1 of the effects it will then render all the effects for that model and will then play it correctly.
I haven't gone through all the tutorials but this doesn't seem like it would be the expected behaviour. Below are a before and after screenshot. Maybe I'm not holding my tongue right?

Attachments

• xl4-before.jpg
    xl4-before.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 23
  • xl4-after.jpg
    xl4-after.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 19

dkulp

Full time elf
We don't render the effects after the import. It's mostly so the user can hit "save" and save the XML prior to the rendering cause if the render crashes or hangs, the import and such would be lost. That and rendering some of the massive imports people are trying can take a LONG LONG time which could make it look like it's the import that is causing a hang.

After the import, click the render button if you want to see it immediately or hit save to make sure the XML is saved first.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Thanks Dan
I had "render on save" unticked as I had been fiddling and starting and stopping a fair bit and the renders were taking a while each time. I'd forgotten that I'd unticked that and I didn't actually realise or notice the render button. Learned something else new today.

On a separate note. I noticed something that I just noticed after I started sequencing in earnest. If you have the same model visible in 2 groups, (for instance the spinners in my "All" group and also in my "non rgb" group), then when you try to move an effect it jumps about all over the place. This could be processor/graphics processor speed related but it makes it hard to drag stuff around if you happen to fluke having the same model visible in 2 places.

Gilrock

Full time elf
Just double click and collapse one of the groups. The purpose of the groups is mainly to sequence to the whole group you shouldn't need to see all the models inside all the groups especially if you're putting the same model in multiple groups. But I have seen it work great on my PC when I move something that exists in two places.