Remembering Mm: it is with great sadness we acknowledge his passing

Benslights

Dedicated elf
On behalf of the AusChristmasLighting community it is with great sadness that we acknowledge the passing of one of our long time Members @Mm. Mm, Matthew , tragically passed away while in England. We would like to pass our collective sympathies on to Matthew's wife and daughters and his extended family in England and Australia in these difficult times.

Mm has been a Member of our community since December 15, 2012. he was a active member from NSW who was always giving. Not always in public but in private and behind the scenes.

I myself will cherish the drive to this years Newcastle Mini with Mm. we talked about his display for this year and what he had already done and his plans were exciting

full

Mm joins other dearly departed members as a Silent Elf for us to remember him with respect

View: https://vimeo.com/195280366

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I was notified earlier this month, and was shocked to hear the sad news, as we had only chatted a few months ago, plus the time spent at previous mini's speaking about family, lights and the usual attempts at solving the problems of the world. Our condolences go to Matt's wife and daughters, as well as his family and friends

keithsw1111

Senior elf
It was really sad to hear this. I met Matt at several of the Sudney minis. He was quietly spoken but really knew his stuff and had a great display. He will be sorely missed. Lets make some time to remember him at the mini in Picton.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Condolences to his family and friends
:'(

Benslights

Dedicated elf
i think that is a great idea. a minute silence for him at he Picton mini or something that is a very nice thought Keith

Jay.S

Full time elf
I don't think I chatted with Mm personally in the year I have been a member of ACL, but always sad to hear of the passing of a community member. My best wishes to his family and friends.

darylc

404 darylc not found
RIP Matt. This news really shocked me when I first heard.

l had the pleasure of meeting Mm at the Sydney 2015 mini. He loved to make his own coro props that always looked fantastic when he showed them off to us.

I really feel for his family, especially at this time of year when he would have been running his show.

B_P_J

Full time elf
I was really sad when I first heard this the other night, Matt will be missed, he was such a great guy, I had the pleasure of meeting him at a few of the mini's over the past few years and had some great laughs with him, he was always willing to share ideas with other people and help come up with ways to make things work, I send thoughts and prayers to his family at this time and wish them all the best for the future,
I agree with Keith on the whole remembering Mm at the Mini this year, maybe a video of his shows or as Ben said maybe a moment of silence.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Matt, was one of the good guys, and will be missed. Our community was improved by his presence, and yet saddened and diminished by his loss. In the theatre community, we reserve a seat for our absent friends, perhaps we can put one out for him at Picton.
VALE MN