Remote Falcon - Viewer Sequence Voting Plugin for FPP on a Rasp Pi

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Hi all, I have recently installed the Remote Falcon Plugin to a Rasp pi

This Plugin was made by available by James Vance and for information regarding it recommended looking at the dedicated Remote Falcon Facebook groups

Essentially this plug in will allow viewers of your display to vote for a sequence / song to be played

They can vote via website link that is made available with Remote Falcon

Using this only with FPP does has some limitations and xSchedule does a much better job due to increased scheduling options, but you may want to have a look at it / test it with FPP.

This is only my guide and I fumbled my way thru it and this guide probably has a couple of mistakes but it may help you etc.

There is options available to customise your generated Remote Falcon webpage, but that is not covered in this guide.

1591447243784.png

Attachments

• Remote Falcon for FPP Install Guide.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 215

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Nice guide LDL,

For those using xSchedule, the plugin is already installed, but you need xLights version 2020.23 (or higher). You don't need a playlist for each song like LDL mentions in his guide for FPP.
  • Open xSchedule
  • Select Plugins from the menu, and then select Remote Falcon
  • On the Remote Falcon window, select Edit, then Options
  • Put in your token from the remote falcon website Remote Falcon Plugin Setup page
  • Select the required playlist from the drop down menu
  • Click OK

Notes:
  • For it to work the selected playlist has to be running on a schedule
  • If you change things (like selecting a different schedule, or changing viewer mode from jukebox to voting) you may need to Reset All Schedules in xLights