rgb controller for 2811 strips

yzguy96

Full time elf
Now that Xmas is over I want to play with some leftover strips but want a basic setup to control the light color...nothing fancy. What do you recommend to use with my ray wu 2811 strips?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
If your looking for something cheap with a remote then have a chat to Ray Wu as he will definetly be able to provide a simple 2811 controller with remote

yzguy96

Full time elf
OK thanks...I was trying to avoid ordering from ray cause right now that is all I would order until next Xmas display and shipping would be higher. Plus ray messed up my last few orders.

Madko

Full time elf
Sorry to hear Ray messed up your order. I'm not one to talk about people but as I'm making an order with Ray now what is it that I can do to ensure I get the correct products and avoid the misfortune you have experienced.

Sorry I can't yet help with an idea for you left over pixels as I'm a newbie with limited knowledge as far

yzguy96

Full time elf
Not much you can do. Just verify the items and hope they package it right.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Madko said:
Sorry to hear Ray messed up your order. I'm not one to talk about people but as I'm making an order with Ray now what is it that I can do to ensure I get the correct products and avoid the misfortune you have experienced.

Sorry I can't yet help with an idea for you left over pixels as I'm a newbie with limited knowledge as far

I and may others have had very little if no issue dealing with Ray multiple times over the years. What we always tell people to do is to make a spreadsheet with all the items you want, make sure you have the picture, the description (copy and paste) the hyperlink, the total number, the individual cost and the multiple cost, as well as your shipping details. Then go into the Aliexpress chat and try to chat to ray or one of his sales guys regarding that you want to combine shipping and that you will send over your order. once they get your order then confirm what you want with Ray. Then wait for your pro-forma invoivce which may take a day to arrive depending on how busy they are. Then pay via pay pal.. If Ray or one of his workers stuffs up then Ray is usually very responsive to try and fix the issue.

G

GoofyGuy

Ray does have a controller. Plugs into the wall, has outputs and a wireless remote.

Although you state you have had issues. Ive placed 5 order with ray last year (2012) and only 1 order had an issue. It was in the quality of the product not with Ray, he didnt refund me the money which I didnt expect but did give me a huge discount on my next order. I have a big order planned for February as well.

yzguy96

Full time elf
I'm not trying to bad mouth ray but just letting others know that there are risk. I ordered about 4 times and had issues twice...one was a customs issues and another was packing wrong items.... he had no control over customs but was hesitant to contact fedex and I ended up reordering then getting twice the product. He has yet to correct the second issue which he said he will...no worries.

dale82

Senior elf
I have just recieved my first order from Ray, And all was correct. I had no issues at all with the Aliexpress order process, I double checked everything with Ray to make sure that i got the correct goods. All OK.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
yzguy96 said:
I'm not trying to bad mouth ray but just letting others know that there are risk. I ordered about 4 times and had issues twice...one was a customs issues and another was packing wrong items.... he had no control over customs but was hesitant to contact fedex and I ended up reordering then getting twice the product. He has yet to correct the second issue which he said he will...no worries.

And the order you had issues with wasnt around October to November was it?. This is the most riskiest time to order as they are inundated with orders and this seems to be the time mistakes are mostly made.