RGB Order Issues

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I have six ws2811 pixel arches. Anyway I've got them out and am testing them. Late I know but that's how it is. Anyway there was a couple of dud pixels from last year that needed putting in. This is fine as I have spare pixels. My issue is the RGB of the new pixels I have as spares is different to the original strip. I have a pixlite 16 controller so I can only change the order of rgb for the whole output. I don't think I can change it for set pixel channels. Is there any way of remedying this some other way.

I have enough spare pixels to replace the whole arch. So this gives me the arch back in use and then I will have spare pixels for both the rgb orders. At the moment I have 3 arches on an output which is 96 pixels per output. So my controller outputs are being underutilised. My two sets of three arches are within a few metres of each other. My options as I see it are run 5 arches (160 pixels) off one output and run the other one with the different rgb order on its own. It will just mean playing around with my power injection locations.

The other downside is if one pixel in the 5 arches goes then all after that disappears. I'm only using half the outputs on my pixlite. Maybe I just use one of the unused ones to run the odd ordered arch. Just have to make up some more cables to do this.

Is there any other way to correct rgb order in a strip?

Thanks

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Well I've sorted out the new/repaired arch now. Used the new strip and made up some new cables to go to it and I'll run it off a spare output.

When you order pixel strips from Ray can you specify ws2811 and the order of the rgb so that this doesn't happen again.

scamper

Dedicated elf
I am glad you sorted it.
I didn't have an answer for you only to say I made up some "Fire sticks" using left over pixels, so soldered them together to make up the length I wanted and it was only when I tested them I realised I had the same problem, different rgb order.
in my case however it was a relatively easy fix, as I am using the falcon f16v2 controller and you can make virtual strings on each output, so you can change the colour order anywhere along the string.
The different colour order in pixels was not something I had ever considered, I know it is silly of me to assume, but I thought RGB meant RGB... Who knew...

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I know what you're saying scamper. One thing I have learnt about DIY Christmas lights is that I need to test everything before finalising construction of anything. The only thing I can take for granted is I am inexperienced. Just when you think you have it under control something different pops up. Half the fun I suppose.