Rpi FPP & 2 controllers

JordoLights

New elf
Hi, I have 2 controllers setup in xlights. An Rpi with a 28d+ hat and a nodemcu with WLED. I've got a small matrix hooked up to the nodemcu as my tune to sign. All other lights are connected to the pi hat.

Everything works when i use xscheduler. But when I load the sequences to the rpi so i dont need to use a pc to run my show, the pi doesnt seem to talk to the nodemcu. The pi hat works. All are connected to the same network.

Do you guys know what i might be missing here?

Thanks in advance

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
What's missing is some screenshots of your pi network setup, outputs screen and potentially some other screen.
My most likely culprit is that either there's no output channels configured for the nodemcu on the pi or that you have the sparse setting on xlights and it's only sending the channel data for what's on the Pi and not what it also needs to output.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Sounds like the problem I had a few weeks ago. Like AAH said I needed to add my controller as an output controller on the channel outputs tab in FPP

JordoLights

New elf
I tried your suggestion and managed to have something come out of my nodemcu. But it looks like it's garbled instead of the words "THIS IS A TEST". But when I try using xlights to output to lights, it seems to be outputting the scrolling words "THIS IS A TEST" fine. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Here are some screenshots of my xlights controllers page and also FPP channel outputs page.

Also another question - do I need to add the RPI-28D+ cape as a channel output in FPP? Or just the Nodemcu?

1637544748665.png

1637544782870.png

1637544767145.png

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
You've got overlapping channels. WLED32 should be starting Universe #9 so it's one universe above the RPi-28D+ last universe of #8