Sandevice e682 vs PixLite16

thierryhl

New elf
Hi !
I don't know what to choose as a controller for a beginner.
I read the manual 101, but I hesitate between e682 and PixLite16
for 2015, I would like about 3000 pixels.
It's ambitious, I know, but that's my goal ...
Thank you for your advice

happy new year.

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
I use Pixlite and while I'm a huge fan there is one pitfall that sometimes get missed. You have to run the same type of lights (ws2811 or ws2801 or whatever) on one side of a board. That is to say you can't run ws2801 from output 1 and then ws2811 from output 2 (you can however run ws2801 from outputs 1-8 and then ws2811 from outputs 9-16). Hope this makes sense and helps.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The reality is they will all give you the same outcome and that is drive pixels, so look at whats important to you
cost
serviceability
support

Also nothing wrong with getting one of each as they will all still work happily together in the same network

You will find that everyone will have their own opinions based on their own experiences and this is a lot like buying a car, everyone will have their own favorite, will it be a ford or holden or a toyota or something else

mborg10

Michael Borg
I find controllers like the pixlite16 are great for things like mega trees and matrix where you have a high channel count in one area. But if you display is spread out, I personally prefer to have multiple small controllers placed around the yard.

thierryhl

New elf
Fasteddy said:
You will find that everyone will have their own opinions based on their own experiences and this is a lot like buying a car, everyone will have their own favorite, will it be a ford or holden or a toyota or something else

You're right.

Thank you all for your reply.
I'm a beginner, so I've just wanted to know. :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
thierryhl said:
Fasteddy said:

You're right.

Thank you all for your reply.
I'm a beginner, so I've just wanted to know. :)

Welcome to the hobby. As a beginner the mountain looks very tall and its hard to know which way to go when you feel like your lost, but with some time, advice, reading and some questions before you know it the pieces will start to fall in place and then you can start making decisions based on your own needs and not someone eleses.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
I think one should choose a controller based on what his Model/prop is going to be. This way you are more mobile and can move things around if needed. For example, I can move my pixel tree from one place to another with out affecting another part of the display.

All the controllers I have tested (and I have tested quite a few) are all good even though they have their little quirks, plusses and minuses.

So, I would first decide what I want for the prop/model and then pick the controller that suites its needs.

-Blu