1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Save power - save money - buy more blinky

Discussion in 'Backyard BBQ' started by bbayjohn, Oct 30, 2017.

1. bbayjohn

bbayjohn Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    I want to let you in on a little secret. It all started when my solar panel inverter failed. The new inverter came with a wireless network and can be connected to the net and an app on my phone. So that's great & got me thinking about the new smart meter that also has an aerial. With some tips from chat. So I rang my electrical supplier and found I can view my power usage hourly, updated daily. Now I can see in real time what is using all our electricity and when. Yesterday was a good day. In the middle of the day a cloud must of came over. The green is power we bought. The orange is the left over power we did not use produced from the solar panels. If you have a smart meter this is what you can view online with your provider.
    [​IMG]

2. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Looks pretty much exactly what I can see online :)
    what sort of smart meter? I have one, but western power can't or won't give us any info about it.

3. OP
    OP
    bbayjohn

bbayjohn Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    The smart meter is an EDMI atlas mk7a. Watching our electricity bill usage is brilliant. No more surprise bills of over a thousand dollars. We plan to cut our electrical bills by at least 1/3. :D:cool:$_$xDxD

4. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
  5. OP
    OP
    bbayjohn

bbayjohn Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    That's a great way for people without smart meters to monitor usage. Wish i knew of that sooner, before the smart meter arived.

6. QldKing(Brad)

QldKing(Brad) Full Time Elf Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    I have something that looks like what @fasteddy has linked to in my meter box. Wonder if that's what it is. Will have to investigate now.