Saying hello... long time lurker...

BobWells

New elf
I wouldn't say I'm "new" here, but I keep getting a reminder to say hello and my profile calls me a "lurker" having registered in 2012 so I suppose saying hello is long overdue. I've been mostly a LOR user, going back to 2008, but started pixels in 2015 with a HC AlphaPix-16 and DMX dongles. Still doing mostly hybrid shows. This year I'll likely sell/mothball most of the LOR controllers and shift more toward pixels with Hanson's HE 123 Mk2 controller and other DIY BBB capes. I'm USA-based, specifically living in Eastern Washington State. I've been to Australia (1988), great hospitality :)

Last edited:

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome Bob!

My only comment on the controllers - mothball the LoR and wait and watch what happens with FPP over the coming months. There has been a bit of noise about 3rd party capes / controllers / clones of legit ones running from BBB and it's possible that the devs may introduce limitations. Once that plays out, you'll have a better idea of the direction forward.

BobWells

New elf
Welcome!

World expo 88 but any chance? If so, I was there too!
Yes, the world expo... I'm almost certain we saw each other there. My wife and I used to go wherever they were held :) It was how we'd decide which country to visit next.