scrambled matrix

dannyp

Full time elf
I am having problems with a vertical matrix model I have set up. It consists of 11 strings of 100 lights which are folded in 4. Its configuration is that it starts at the bottom left, goes up 25 pixels, down 25, up 25 and then down 25. The next string goes up 25 etc.
I am exporting the model into LOR format. However when I run the LOR file, most of the effects look scrambled. For example, Merry Christmas text has 2 lines. When I play it some of the letters look backward and all of the text looks like it is running over the top of each other. The only effect that works properly is the curtain which scrolls from left to right and back again fine.
I think it looks like the string configuration is messed up, but it looks fine to me, however sometimes the preview window shos this as a 180 degree megatree and other tiomes it shows up as a matrix. I would apprciate a fresh set of eyes

ShellNZ

Senior elf
1. Make sure you have chosen vertical matrix in xlights when making your model
2. Go into configuration of controller (with IP usually) and see if reversing some of your strings helps. For example, if it is a J1sys product you can go into effects configuration and tick the reverse box.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
DannyP said:
I am having problems with a vertical matrix model I have set up. It consists of 11 strings of 100 lights which are folded in 4. Its configuration is that it starts at the bottom left, goes up 25 pixels, down 25, up 25 and then down 25. The next string goes up 25 etc.
I am exporting the model into LOR format. However when I run the LOR file, most of the effects look scrambled. For example, Merry Christmas text has 2 lines. When I play it some of the letters look backward and all of the text looks like it is running over the top of each other. The only effect that works properly is the curtain which scrolls from left to right and back again fine.
I think it looks like the string configuration is messed up, but it looks fine to me, however sometimes the preview window shos this as a 180 degree megatree and other tiomes it shows up as a matrix. I would apprciate a fresh set of eyes

your moin xlights should be

Display as? vert matrix
type string? rgb nodes
#strings? 11
#nodes? 100
Strandsper string? 4
Start Channel? You set it
Starting Corner? Bottom left. this is normal, they wrap ccw. you can change this to match

dannyp

Full time elf
Thanks Sean I think this is the way I have Xlights set up at the moment.

dannyp

Full time elf
ShellNZ said:
1. Make sure you have chosen vertical matrix in xlights when making your model
2. Go into configuration of controller (with IP usually) and see if reversing some of your strings helps. For example, if it is a J1sys product you can go into effects configuration and tick the reverse box.

Thanks Shell I am using P12R so will try that tonight.