Second Year

Akentut

New elf
First year was Renard 24 with a 15'Megatree, 6 smaller trees, and house trim (windows, doors, roof) and a star on top of roof. I did about 5 songs with Vixen3. All these were LEDs.

This Year it will be a mega-tree 400 pixels 8strands, 6 smaller trees, and 10 mini trees, 3 arches (using PEX) all pixels (ws2811)with 2 SanDevice E682 the rest of the house will be the LEDs from last year with the Renard 24.

Yeah the wife tells people I have Christmas lights on in the garage during the summer. They think it's funny now, but they'll be bringing people by my house this season with their friends.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Welcome Akentut.

Just realised you blokes in the northern hemisphere have it easy for Christmas lights. Long days in the off season to give heaps of time for getting ready and short days in the show season so you can get your lights on earlier.

Sounds like you already have a fair display.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to pixel madness. As the saying goes if you build it they will come and when people think about christmas lights they think its the old traditional slap on anything strings, but when they see that you create a show their opinion will change

kel

Dedicated elf

welcome60.gif

Mm

Silent elf
Welcome to ACL my friend.

I get strange looks when I tell people I have been planning and working on my lights all year.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Akentut

BundyRoy said:
Just realised you blokes in the northern hemisphere have it easy for Christmas lights. Long days in the off season to give heaps of time for getting ready and short days in the show season so you can get your lights on earlier.
And in Florida they even get mild weather for foot traffic during show season.