Set back

scamper

Dedicated elf
Well, what is it they say... Best laid plans???
I had all intentions of setting up the mega tree today along with the control boxes and start on wiring.
But whilst preparing for the days work, I turned the wrong way and now can hardly move... I have not hurt my back in years, but there you go.
What was worse is I had to work this afternoon as it was the only time I could get into the site I was working, so that was fun.
All was not lost though as my wife cleaned out the end room and I managed to lift the projector into place and do a quick test for the display this year.
It looks even better than I thought it would, however I may need to change the sequencing of that window frame. It may be too bright.

Attachments

• santa.jpg
    santa.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Sorry to hear about your back scamper.

Just a tip on Virtual Santa, try and make him lifesize, dont go too big or too small, the aim is to make it look like Santa is really inside :)

I hope you get everything sorted :)

gerry

Senior elf
Hello Scamper,

Hope you get better soon. If it has not improved - have it checked out asap, as it may need some treatment - went through the same thing 5 weeks ago and initially shrugged it off, till I could not even stand straight. Mistake !

scamper

Dedicated elf
So I am slowly getting back on track (no pun intended, but chuckled to myself anyway)
I spent yesterday afternoon wiring up my pixel megatree as I had booked a concreting job that I thought better to postpone that than cause more injury.
This was a last minute project using stuff that I had lying around. It will be a 2d 180deg tree mounted to the side of the house. and even though I had to use different manufacturers strings (which were slightly different length) I am happy with how it looks.
As the pixels are not aligned perfectly I won't be able to do pictures or text very well, but am sure the rest of the effects will be just dandy.

https://youtu.be/KoXwRmLiF-k