Set back

Discussion in 'The Family Room' started by scamper, Nov 16, 2015.

1. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Well, what is it they say... Best laid plans???
    I had all intentions of setting up the mega tree today along with the control boxes and start on wiring.
    But whilst preparing for the days work, I turned the wrong way and now can hardly move... I have not hurt my back in years, but there you go.
    What was worse is I had to work this afternoon as it was the only time I could get into the site I was working, so that was fun.
    All was not lost though as my wife cleaned out the end room and I managed to lift the projector into place and do a quick test for the display this year.
    It looks even better than I thought it would, however I may need to change the sequencing of that window frame. It may be too bright.

Attached Files:

2. ShellNZ

ShellNZ Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Sorry to hear about your back scamper.

Just a tip on Virtual Santa, try and make him lifesize, dont go too big or too small, the aim is to make it look like Santa is really inside :)

I hope you get everything sorted :)

3. gerry

gerry Senior Elf

Hello Scamper,

Hope you get better soon. If it has not improved - have it checked out asap, as it may need some treatment - went through the same thing 5 weeks ago and initially shrugged it off, till I could not even stand straight. Mistake !

4. OP
    OP
    scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    So I am slowly getting back on track (no pun intended, but chuckled to myself anyway)
    I spent yesterday afternoon wiring up my pixel megatree as I had booked a concreting job that I thought better to postpone that than cause more injury.
    This was a last minute project using stuff that I had lying around. It will be a 2d 180deg tree mounted to the side of the house. and even though I had to use different manufacturers strings (which were slightly different length) I am happy with how it looks.
    As the pixels are not aligned perfectly I won't be able to do pictures or text very well, but am sure the rest of the effects will be just dandy.

https://youtu.be/KoXwRmLiF-k

5. sveevers

sveevers New Elf

Hi Scamper, can you tell me where I could buy lights like this?