Setting IP address ECG-P12x Rev 1.2

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I have bought a second hand ECG-P12S. On the board it says ECG-P12x Rev 1.2 on the top board and ECG-P12S Rev 1.2 on the lower board. My trouble is I don't know the IP address. I've had a look at the manual. I know it was for the ECG-P12R but I'm assuming some things are unchanged. It says if I turn dip switches 3 and 4 on then it forces it to IP address 10.10.10.10. I have a separate network card for my lights. If I change its IP to say 10.10.10.1 can I then hook up to the controller in explorer by typing 10.10.10.10. Then I turn dip switches 3 and 4 off and set the ip address on the controller to what I need. Does this method still work or do I need to use the UBL files.

If I need to use the ubl files which one do I use.

Sorry for being a scab and asking for help when I didn't buy it new. I figured it was better to ask and get things right and be happy with the gear rather than screw it up and have it sit unused in the corner.

Thanks.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
if your change the dip switches it will default to 10.10.10.10. so you can then log into it on that ip address and then change it to 10.10.10.1 or a number in that range.

then change dip switches back and your away

you just need to make sure you in the 10.xx.xx.xx range with your network card. or yes you can do it with the ubl program.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks Ben. I gather from what you said if I want to change the ip to something outside of the 10.10.10.X range then I need to use the ubl program not the dip switch method.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thank you very much for the kind offer. Hopefully I should be right (famous last words I know). I just need to get a few mounting spacers and get the board powered up in it's enclosure and I'll then try and communicate with it. I'll let you know how I go. Thanks again for the help. I've also inherited a couple of P2 controllers as well but one thing at a time.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Just when I thought I was home and hosed. I fired everything up and used the ubl program to change the IP address no worries. I did this using a usb connection. I then disconnected everything and connected using the ubl by Ethernet as well. All good. I double checked the device info and the ip address had been changed.

I then thought I would go into my browser and type in the ip address to have a look at the controller setup. This is where things went wrong. I assume this has got to do with the fact I have a network card dedicated to my lights that is separate from my home network/internet connection. My home network that the internet goes through is set up to find address automatically and my lights network ip is in range 192.168.X.X. I have checked that the lights network card and controller don't have the same ip and they have the same subnet 255.255.255.0

I'm guessing I'm missing a (hopefully) simple step in the process. Any ideas? Do I need to run cables from both network cards through the one switch. Currently there is no physical connection between the two other than what is inside the computer. Haven't tried that as unsure what issues it may cause.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks. My internet network is on find ip address automatically in tcp/ipv4 settings and my lights network is on 192.168.0.10 subnet 255.255.255.0 (tcp/ipv4 settings). Set my controller to 192.168.0.20.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
not sure what I did but I just tried again and it worked this time. I did hook up through ubl and do another reboot. Not sure if that helped. Anyway all good. Thanks for the help. Sorry to waste your time.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
A little off topic but a couple of questions.

1) I gather the 2 rj45 outputs are two dmx outputs.

2) when i when into the system info it says my ip options are 192.168.0.20/10.157.221.106/2.157.221.106/10.10.10.10

I understand the first and last options. the one i set and the default but what are the two in the middle.

I must say it's been a pretty easy and seamless process so far (other than I should of rebooted the controller and didn't)

Thanks again.