Setting start address on DMX RGB flood from Ray Wu

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Hey dudes, I purchased this RGB flood from Ray Wu recently.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DC12V-input-10W-RGB-DMX-LED-flood-light-IP66-with-13-5mm-4core-waterproof-pigtails-input/32249441206.html
Works ok, turned it on and it goes straight to a test pattern. *Face palm* I need to set an address. *Double face palm* description says I need to buy another device to program start address.
Has anyone purchased this or similar from Ray and used it without having to buy the address programmer? (Attached is a pic of the DMX controller that drives it).

Attachments

• 20151004_132135.jpg
    20151004_132135.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 33

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Did you buy just one? If so, maybe you can use it on the factory programmed address (probably 1) and move the start address of the other DMX controllers?

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for getting that little address program up on the wiki again. It does indeed work with the floods I have.

David - that would have been toooooooo easy for it to be 1 . . . god knows what number it was. :D

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
You're welcome Ingrid and thanks go to Scott for writing the proggy and still being on the email I contacted him on last time.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
toodle_pipsky said:
David - that would have been toooooooo easy for it to be 1 . . . god knows what number it was. :D

Just a little tip; if you're not sure what channels a controller responds to, use the chaser in da_DMX or da_E131 to step through them all at a reasonably fast rate.

When you see the controller respond (connected lights flash), pause the chase and use the next / prev step buttons to find the exact channel mapping.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Hey guys, I thought I should follow up this thread.

I must have been mistaken with setting the start address on these floods with the software. I've just gone to change the start address to what I actually need it to be, or at least change one flood so it doesn't conflict with another flood, and I can't change the address using this software. So I've purchased an address do-dad from Ray and hope it doesn't take too long to arrive! :)

tl;dr - Software doesn't appear to work with these floods after all.