ShellNZ's 2015 show

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Finally put it all together.

Some sequences were shot before the show started and some one night in the last week of show (hence the humans standing in front of house). Unfortunately I mounted my iphone in a holder on the window of neighbours house and the speaker was a few metres away therefore there was vibration in the video. Removed as much as I could of it with a program called Mercalli but its still there a little, oh well :) Made it through the duration of December, a few dramas with the mungrel neighbours but got there in the end :) The Resource Consent really paid off in the end as the Council really did help us. The traffic wardens and controllers were absolutely awesome, they were there all 24 days, at least 5 of them.

The neighbourhood/show had around 15,000 visitors over the course of December. Ive kept the original of the recording as the claps/singing/ooo's and aaa's were really cool :)

https://vimeo.com/150232489

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Oh wow that's awesomeness sorry to hear about the neighbors issues dont understand how they can spoil our fun luckily haven't had that happen yet . Great job mate

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
nice work Shell and the sequencing i would give a 9 out of 10 but only cause after doing it we know what to look for lol but an absolute credit to yourselves

B_P_J

Full time elf
Seriously look forward to seeing your videos, amazing job Shell (as always) I so want my show to look like your one day.... now I just need to get me a 2 storey house, lol, thanks again for all the effort you go into putting on such a fantastic display year after year even with all the little hurdles you still get it done.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Awesome work Shell, you have really mastered this hobby and have shown that you are now the goddess of pixels. :D
I think you always knew you were going to have continued troubles with some neighbours, but because you went about it the right way then those issues would have been minimal.

So now what do you have planned for next year????

arw01

Full time elf
Been waiting all month to see how you foray into xlights went vs lor. Greatly enjoyed you different elements popped up in different songs, your wall washer strips you made up did a fabulous job transmitting all the way down. Would like to see you use those more next year for background color etc during some other parts of the sequences.

I too have only made it part way, curious what you might have done with your ground tiles you lit up, so far in my few minutes they have looked like just lit up all together.

Are those the stars ray sells on the base on the roof surfaces. Some of the little chases you did across those were quite striking and very well done.

Looking foward to what you are adding next year as well!

Bird

LOR user
As always, one of the many shows I look forward to seeing, and you did not disappoint again this year.
Fantastic work, you should be so proud and give yourself a big pat on the back, job well done. :)