Simple RGB mod for Really Big Lights

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Nice, neat mod plasma. Do you have any video of the lights in operation?

Anybody using these Really Big Lights here in Aus? I love how these look but haven't been able to find anything similar locally.

plasmadrive

Full time elf
I have video but the lights just swamp the camera so nothing to really see but bright colored light.. They look fabulous in person though..

plasmadrive

Full time elf
Thanks guys..

They do look great.. enough brightness that the colors are pure, no shadowing and very even distribution of light over the entire bulb.

There are others that are looking to get a 12v version of the pixel made by Ipixel LED. They are on FB and other blogs. I am not sure if anyone down under has the RBL, but if you ever get them, I hope you will consider this method of modification.

Craig

franky_888

Full time elf
plasmadrive said:
I am not sure if anyone down under has the RBL, but if you ever get them, I hope you will consider this method of modification.

Curious as to how these look I went searching on Youtube for more of these. I saw another person modifying their RBL's using some white conduit clipped into that thing you cut off and pixel strip cable tied to it. I have to say your way looks far better / easier and sounds as though it has a better end result too.

If these do come down under I guess I'll have to get a bigger house so that they look in proportion :)

plasmadrive

Full time elf
franky_888 said:
plasmadrive said:
I am not sure if anyone down under has the RBL, but if you ever get them, I hope you will consider this method of modification.

Curious as to how these look I went searching on Youtube for more of these. I saw another person modifying their RBL's using some white conduit clipped into that thing you cut off and pixel strip cable tied to it. I have to say your way looks far better / easier and sounds as though it has a better end result too.

If these do come down under I guess I'll have to get a bigger house so that they look in proportion :)

I have a couple of trees out front that are not that big. I was thinking about putting them in those.. I truly haven't figured out for sure how I am going to use them, but I have 50 of them that I need to find a spot for.. ha ha