Singing trees.

mellowcouple

Full time elf
Hi all, I have changed my singing trees from 8 channel rgb to pixels. I am now struggling with the mapping. All I had setup before was, top lip, bottom lip, mid lip and so on. Now we have all the different mouth movements, eg mouth L, mouth e, etc. Does anyone have a map of how they have set theirs up that they could share. Thanks in advance.
I am using xlight's.
Ron.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
How did you go with this process Ron? I have a local here @Josh87 who has made a pixel based face and needs a hand setting it up and sequencing it.

AAH

I found a model for a tree and puzzled out the import Ron. Can help you out if you need it still. No idea how to do the serious sequencing with it but can get them singing.

mellowcouple

Full time elf
Hi Alan, I have the trees going but i'm not happy with the way they display the phonemes. Any help you can give will be appreciated.

AAH

Hi Ron
I ended up downloading the file from http://www.nutcracker123.com/wk/index.php?title=File:Singing_Tree.xlsx which has a coro tree format. I renumbered the tree to match what Josh had and based on that under the custom model that was created and under "faces" for it you create a table of node ranges to suit your face. Attached is a pic of what the table ends up looking like to get your phonemes and also the raw custom model which I created from the excel table.
I can't find the excellent video I worked the process out from but hopefully the above is enough info.

Alan

Attachments

• Tree Custom.xmodel
    7.4 KB · Views: 9
  • XL4-face.jpg
    XL4-face.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 14

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe Christmas and many thanks to everyone for helping to make my show successful.
The assistane is appreciated.
Cheers Ralph