1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Small hardware component to play a sequence

Discussion in 'Computers, Cabling & Other Miscellaneous Hardware' started by nato595, Apr 1, 2013.

1. nato595

nato595 Let's do this!

Find Me On:
    Greetings all!
    I am looking for a small and inexpensive way to 'record' and 'play' a basic sequence in either a DMX or SPI environment.
    I want to have several small areas of my house rigged with lighting that are NOT hooked to my show computer. I would like to individually turn these 'zones' on and have them run through and repeat a custom prerecorded sequence.
    Not sure if this exists or what it would be called.
    Ideally the solution would not require me to learn programming! I imagine an inline memory chip that I can run a sequence off my computer, the chip will record the data, then I can unhook the computer and the chip can replay the data, and loop. Am I dreaming or is there such a beast?

Thanks in advance!

2. jcmarksafb

jcmarksafb Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona

3. OP
    OP
    nato595

nato595 Let's do this!

Find Me On:
    Wow, I think that is nearly perfect!
    I was hoping not to have to rely on a 3rd party software, but it looks pretty simple.
    I'll give it a shot.
    Thanks for the link!

4. David_AVD

David_AVD Bite my shiny metal ass!

Find Me On:
    You can buy DMX record/replay units. I have one that I designed a while ago, but didn't get around to finishing the code for it. Maybe check Ray Wu or other sellers on AliExpress.