Snow Machine??

mr3oh7

New elf
I'm starting to prepare for next year already and I was thinking of making snow machine...the basic design is a blower, some sprinklers that spray foam, with a cloth bag over them that the air blows into. I have done a bit of research (not a lot as you can gather).

Has anyone done this or got any tips?

Variflex

New elf
I'm watching this threads its great interest but being a true newbie I'm leaning towards a commercial unit at the moment

Benslights

Dedicated elf
and that is why we make our own juice

Steve's Mix Rob's Mix Alec Mix
Bubble 60ml 120ml 450ml
ISO 90ml 240ml 500ml
Water 4850ml 4 Liters 8 Liters

I use Steve's mix on my one

mr3oh7

New elf
I have seen that video and a few others...

BensChristmasLights - did you rent the unit or do you own it? Your wording suggest you don't have it anymore or that it didn't last, I was just curious as I have seen quite a few around the $100 mark on ebay and with all cheap things on ebay you wonder about the quality and life span of them, (I have been burnt, but really cant complain with the price I paid)

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I own it and I am think about getting another one so I can have snow in 2 corners. I hire nothing for my display.

the same one I own will cost you $40 a day to hire and at the 6 days I used it I would have paid more for it that way

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
Thanks for the info Ben i looked into building my own but for that price i will just buy one and with steves fluid on board it makes it affordable

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Buy one. I have the same one Ben has as well. they are great and its really easy to make the mix.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I had 3 jaycar one's the previous year and the one new one from DJ city outperformed all 3 of them.
I went thru up to 20lt's of Juice every night as it ran every 3 mins for 3 mins during a song.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Do you have these controlled at all (and if so, how?) or just plug in and let them go during the entire show?