Software - Development ideas / wish list

caffeine

Full time elf
OK all. I've dug a little bit under the hood and into the guts of a couple of different software packages now. On my 2014 schedule January and part of Feb are about diving further working out the core capabilities of each, as well as building add-on's, tools, helpers etc. to fill in some of the gaps I see.

I've got a ton of ideas, and will find more as I go through, but here is your opportunity to brain-storm, request, dream etc.

This can be specific: I really would like an add on to (LOR/LSP/Vixen/HLS/SuperStar/xLights) that does X.
Or it can be moonshots: I want to do sequencing via gesture control whilst using google glass in a three dimensional landscape.

Or anything really. Looking for the best utilisation of this time and for inspiration. It's easy to incrementally improve so I'll do a bit of that, but also interested in a different methodology/approach.

Fire away and I'll see what I can do. I'll leave the electronics and network stuff to the professionals, this is the area I think I can 'give back' in.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Great idea and I have a couple that I will chuck in here as I think of them.
The 1st is a simple conversion program for the lor users to make the change for LOR network to dmx. The program could parse either the channel template and/or the sequences and do an automatic change from Network 1, Contoller 1, Channel 1 to DMX universe, Raw dmx (or E1.31) and channel 1. A lot of the noobs to dmx are challenged by the change and if it was possible in a couple of clicks to change existing sequences then I'm sure many more would make the transition.

caffeine

Full time elf
Fasteddy said:
Lightshow Pro will be releasing info on how to make addon macros effects.

Oooh... official API style? Nice. Better than hacking around it or the 'unofficial' guide that came out and was removed ;-)

mborg10

Michael Borg
I'd like the ability in LSP to map your channels in 3d.

I want to do some big arches over my driveway so when you look up you can see a pattern on the arches.

Possibly using a street scape photo for your x and y axis and an aerial shot from Google maps or nearmaps for you z axis. Instead of just selecting map to stage or map to object you could select map to elevation or map to plan view.

caffeine

Full time elf
BTW, I'll move all suggestions and ideas (both public and mine) to here as I go if anyone is interested:
https://trello.com/b/Jsj0fIrP/blinky-software-stuff

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
caffeine said:
Fasteddy said:
Lightshow Pro will be releasing info on how to make addon macros effects.

Oooh... official API style? Nice. Better than hacking around it or the 'unofficial' guide that came out and was removed ;-)

LSP was built with this in mind, the Video was removed to ensure that the development team could ensure that there were no compromises, But I believe this will be offered once the team are confident. So hopefully soon