software question

xyamom

New elf
Hello everyone. Last year was my first year for ecg and pixel lighting. And second year useing Lsp. Dose anyone know if there is any planed update for Lsp or any Othere software that will run a cuple ecgs and a Dmx universe. It was really a pain to use Lsp. Crached a lot and was terribly slow(because its single core).

Thanks a lot aj ledxmass.com or ledxmas.com

kane

Dedicated elf
xyamom said:
Hello everyone. Last year was my first year for ecg and pixel lighting. And second year useing Lsp. Dose anyone know if there is any planed update for Lsp or any Othere software that will run a cuple ecgs and a Dmx universe. It was really a pain to use Lsp. Crached a lot and was terribly slow(because its single core).

There will definitely be an update - currently being beta tested and probably released in the next month or two. Fasteddy may be able to give more info on timing.

When you say slow and crashes,which version and was this in the scheduler or the sequencer?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im not sure what version of LSP you are using but it definetly makes use of multi cores. Depending on the computer you are using, the channels you are sequencing and the length of the sequence will determine how well LSP will run, this is the same for all software, the more info the more processing.

I use LSP 64 bit and have been doing 10K channel sequences and it has performed well using a 2 year old i7.

There is an update coming and should be hopefully out at the end of the month, it has a completely new scheduler and playback engine and a few new features and fixes.

Could you please give more details on the computer specs and how many channels you are sequencing and if you are using 32 or 64 bit operating system and what crashes you were experiencing.

xyamom

New elf
I think I was running 2.5 or 2.6 last year with a e7600 CPU 8gb ram win 7 64 bit. I'm pretty sure I was running 32 bit version didnt know there was a 64 bit available at the time.

xyamom

New elf
My scheduleler would crash at end of show every night. (Said something like Lsp was missing files when I relaunched) And would have to reinstall Lsp every day and reconfigure all my outputs. But the show must go on :) ...... so where would I find the 64 bit version of Lsp? I know last year I googled : 64 bit Lsp or muti core lsp: and didnt find anything. Found cuple post saying it was only 32 bit

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
yep, people did have some issues last year but not all and your the first i have heard that had to reinstall and configure everything daily.

There are way around that including the saving of configuration files. If you ever get to that stage again jump into chat and ask, because there is a wealth of knowledge that can help out.

here is the link to the latest LSP release

http://lightshowpro.com/lightshow-change-log/3815-new-build-4875-37645-a.html

xyamom

New elf
ok that download link is a 32 bit version? I did notice it installs 64 bit codecs tho