## South Burnett QLD... Take note..

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Displays in the south burnett QLD....get ready.. massive prizes on offer this year for lights displays.. Including 2 trips to Singapore...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 70

scamper

Dedicated elf
WOW!
The local paper here does a competition and all you get is a $50 shopping voucher

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
We are the same here in Warwick.. A couple of dollars....if its your turn to win... Luckily 99.9% of us aren't in it for the $$... In saying that if i won a trip to Singapore i woundnt be knocking it back.. But i dont think i will be moving to the South Burnett to try

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Wow! That is an awesome! That's 15X higher than the prizes in the Brisbane comp.

That's one way to make me more interested in to what the Judges think :p

EDIT: Up to 10k for second price too... dam :D

Pircy

Full time elf
Well i just checked. Brisbane is officially 'south' of the Burnett region. Sooooooo, i reckon that puts me in the very South Burnett region for judging purposes. And i reckon im on a winner. We all know Gina loves her mining. Well since my house raising debacle, i have what could be almost an open cut mine under my house. Surely Gina of all people would appreciate that as part of a mining themed Christmas lights display

pokietech34331

New elf
Well I suppose it had to happen, friends have given up putting up their lights as SBRC has been so slack, so someone had to do something about it. Fortunately I live in Kingaroy but winning is another thing. ;)

dale82

Senior elf
Well they have to have good prizes when I give up lighting for my house, And because council is slack. Oh well it happens I guess

franchise013

New elf
Well from a fellow Kingaroy Christmas enthusiast I have to agree with you Dale about the lack of appreciation from the Councillors in last years judging. Unfortunately they over committed themselves and left it too late to try and do the judging. My partner and I were out the front handing candy canes out and they pulled up, we gave them some candy canes and let them know what station we were on and they didn't even tune the radio in and then drove off again, they were there for a grand total of 60-90 secs tops.

It looks as though the format for judging has changed a bit this year with the complaints that they received. It is now done over 3 nights so hopefully they will be able to have time to actually explore the displays and talk to the homeowners like past years.

It is a real shame your not putting the display up this year Dale, but totally understandable with your frustration, as we love being able to pull of the road and watch your show.

Hopefully we will see your beautiful lights in the future.

Cheers John

dale82

Senior elf
Where about are you Located John? I will have to come and visit your display. Thanks for the support, I will be doing lights again but it will be probably in a year or so. Maybe. LOL