Special order for icicles

scamper

Dedicated elf
Has anyone here ordered pixels for the Boscoyo icicle strips?
I started to push some pixels through then gave up for this year... last year o_O
But have just gone back and looked, seeing as there will be a lot of wiring I decided to ask Ray for a price and it has come back well over double that of just buying the stuff and doing it myself.
Part of me says, it will save you hours, but then the other part says that is another 1000 pixels, do the work you slacker.
What is everyone else's take on this?
has anyone custom ordered for these icicles?

andrewa

Full time elf
Ray's Icicles work out to be .44 per pixel, rays strings with plugs attached are .32 per pixel, for me the time saving is well worth the 12c.

I have just had Ray make some for me 15 node drop, ordered 28 Dec, just received tracking number yesterday.

Boof63

Senior elf
i had 7 drop from Ray and Bosco strips (15 x 7), Strips worked great, Had two pix go out on different strings, so had to cut out and solder in replacements from my spare set.Other wise worked a treat
Cheers Boof63

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
I've got 10 x 7 (about 15) and they work well, the new 12v version with the regulators in them are great. the only issue I had was the 2m lead on the front that I had to shorten, next time i might see if I can get with 20cm not 2m.