Spiral Tree Xlights Custom Model

christish2006

New elf
Hi All,

I have a couple of frames I bought from Bunnings and have wound them with 100 nodes each. Problem is that I am having trouble trying to create the model in xLights.

I tried the standard Tree model and tried to modify it but it doesn't look quite right. I did find a custom model that was designed in excel but it doesnt have 100 nodes.

So my question is what is the best way to create a custom model to match my physical layout?

Cheers

cjd

New elf
What about the included spiral tree model is not looking right?
I use a 360 tree setup with the number of pixels set, one string, one strand and the spiral wraps set to how many times it goes around (9.5 in my case)
This looks 'close enough' to what I have

i13

Dedicated elf
I just configured mine as a line. The trees have height but not much width so there is really only room for up-and-down effects on them anyway.

christish2006

New elf
Thanks for all the replies, you have given some ideas.

I think I just had it configured it wrong, Now I am getting something a bit closer to what I have.

I'll have to count the spirals when I get home and work out how many there are.

Also has anyone used the generate custom model function, where you video record the light pattern and xlights generate a model?, does it work accurately?

Thanks again for the quick replies

Gilrock

Full time elf
I wouldn't use a custom model to represent a spiral tree. Just use the spiral wraps option. There is very few tree shapes you can't create now.