starburst problem

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
hi all i have made a 8 spoke 11 pixel per spoke star burst the pixels are wired in series from outside 1st spoke the the middle then outside to the second spoke to the middle and so on i cannot get the star to sequence properly all the effects that allow burst from the middle out does not work has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it if it is a wiring issue or a patching issue

thanks adam

Boof63

Senior elf
Firstly does the pixels run in sequence when lit up
ie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 then
12,13,14,15,16 etc
"Da-E131" is a grerat freebie for testing pixels
What software are you running and what hardware is running the lights?
Cheers Boof63
Ps I have similar "spokes" of 5 pixel and they run the same way in to out and back to middle to start next spoke

lizardking

thanks boof i am using Vixen3 and the da test works fine just cant get the set up right in the sequencer

prof

Apprentice elf
does the preview show the effect doing the opposite to what you expect or is it all jumbled up.

battle79

Full time elf
Sounds like you have a patching problem.

From memory vixen 3 when building models will start from the middle and work out on each spoke. This means that rather that selecting the whole model and the relevant channels and clicking to patch, you will instead have to patch each spoke one at a time.

As you select each spoke and the relevant channels, make sure you have the reverse patch radio button selected and that should hopefully sort you out.

Regards,
Rowan

lizardking

thanks for all the help after many hours of trial and error i worked it out i made each spoke its own element in a group then patched the whole group to the appropriate outputs and now it all work the same as the preview in Vixen 3