Stereo Audio

Kartman

New elf
Generous elf
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my yard speakers and am wondering if there is a way to output the audio in xlights in stereo (or does it already do that and I am missing something?)

The aim is to place speakers near the talking props and adjust the audio so the correct prop appears to be talking, ie adjust the balance left or right.

I tried muting the right channel on a portion of a mp3 but when I put that in a sequence I got no output on either channel when the right channel was muted, this was while sequencing in xlights, so is it different when I output to the controller?

My show is run on Falcon F16V3, via FPP through a PI with a soundblaster.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
I got Raspberry pis for this (the pi also has the input hat to detect the trigger in the first place), put the sound out to a Fosi, and attached that to a yard speaker that hides behind the prop. A lot of equipment for a gag, but it's a hobby. The pi can also get triggered to play the audio with an xSchedule playlist item. Or FPP provides a way.

That way, you don't end up sending the prop audio out the FM and out the main speakers too.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
FPP and xSchedule will both output stereo by default. A quick test with xLights here also is outputting a stereo track in stereo to my headphones.
You will need to have the MP3 with the appropriate stereo channels, which you do.

What are you sequencing on audio wise? Does it have a proper stereo output?