Strange Pixlite Visualizer Issue

Max Kabilafkas

Apprentice elf
I have a Pixlite 16 MKII and am having this issue with the visualiser.

When I assign a model to some of the later channels (12 through 16) I often get the following error

1632215486758.png

My controller has 16 channels so they should all work. From what I can tell all channels are wired correctly. If I move the model to a different channel (say channel 10 for example), the problem goes away.

Any ideas?

Max

keithsw1111

Senior elf
It sounds like you don’t have enough universes for the channels you have configured on the controller. Consider using auto layout and auto size to alleviate such issues.

i13

Dedicated elf
You are misusing the word "channel" in the context of a pixel controller. Each channel is individually controlled. A pixel has three channels; one each for the red, green and blue because these are each controlled separately.

If this was an AC or DC controller for traditional strings of lights then each output would correspond to one channel. All lights on that output are controlled as one. This is not the case for pixel controllers. For example, if you connect 100 pixels to one controller output, you need to allocate 300 channels to that output. This warning is telling you that you're off by two thirds of a pixel.

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
I have tried half a dozen times this year to get the vizualiser working with pixlites and there are weird bugs every single time with channel allocation, the falcons work perfectly however. I ended up just creating an unmanaged e1.31 output per port on the pixlites and they work fine like that

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-23 091614.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-23 091614.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 6