String is lighting backwards.

Srmorgan

Full time elf
I am using x lights and almost have everything set up. I went out to test a couple of sequences and the string of lights on the side of the house is displaying backwards. I have it setup/laid out correctly from the blue dot. Watching the sequence on my computer it works fine. My channels look right. But when it displays on the house it goes up when it should go down. it also does the same thing on another sequence. What would cause that?

Srmorgan

Full time elf
To update, yesterday I went through and counted the lights and fixed them in xlights and fixed the channels. Now I noticed that sometimes an effect will start half way up then move down to the bottom and finish on the top of the string. There’s some other strings not lighting up when they should. Could this be a sub model problem?

franky_888

Full time elf
Could this be a sub model problem?

It might be, have you checked your submodels?

How are you doing your channels, are you letting xlights handle it for you or are you changing it yourself?

If it looks right in xlights but wrong on the house, then it's likely a channel issue. Use Tools > Test in xlights and start checking individual models, it might help you diagnose where your issue is.

Srmorgan

Full time elf
I’ll do that. Is it possible to test using xlights when FPP is running the falcon. I’ve tried to test a sequence from it and it wouldn’t work until I uploaded it to the pi

franky_888

Full time elf
If you push your outputs etc to your FPP with Tools > FPP Connect, you can use display testing in FPP

Srmorgan

Full time elf
Thanks, I forgot the test function was in fpp. I tested the outputs from the falcon and found that I had two strings reversed. That fixed part of the problem but it’s still not acting right. I’ll mess with it after I get home from work. I did all the channels by hand by assigning the first string that was hooked to the controller then used start channels for all the models that were linked behind it. So I must be doing something wrong.

Srmorgan

Full time elf
It was the channels not mapped properly that was causing the problem. I’m not sure what fixed it though. I redid the channels three times yesterday and couldn’t get it to work. Today I turned auto mapping on the falcon back on and set it up again and it worked. I really don’t think they were mapped any differently when I used start channels to do it manually. Maybe one of the uploads didn’t work or I messed up doing the upload to the pie or the falcon. Thanks for the help. Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

ezellner

Full time elf
When a sequence is generated for FPP, you need to make sure the controllers are in the proper order to match the order they are in in FPP. Since FPP uses continuous channels rather than discrete controller channels, it's easy to overlook this (speaking from recent, frustrating experience). That's probably why using the auto setting got it right and manual didn't.