Sydney/NSW Sydney mini location 2017

Who should run this years mini on the 3rd &4th of june?

• Lithgowlights

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • swb

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Benxmaslights

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Roo

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

New elf
Hi guys,

I'm pretty keen on the idea of a mini, but I couldn't go to the fish markets. I have 'issues' with seafood.

Have we had alternate locations in the past? Would it be possible to consider alternate locations in the future?

With the number of people that we have in Sydney, are there micro meets, say in someone's garage?

--Striker.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Striker said:
Have we had alternate locations in the past? Would it be possible to consider alternate locations in the future?

Last year Ben tried to find other venues, but finding other free, suitable venues in Sydney seems impossible. If you have a venue then I'm sure this years organiser will consider it.

Striker

New elf
I live out west, and won't mind asking the Rooty Hill RSL about it?

Seeing most of us raise money for charities, they might be nice about giving us a meeting room for the day.

How long do minis go for? There's a cafe and a restaurant there, and I'm sure we would all buy something to drink, too. That way they would get something out of it.

Who is the organiser for 2017?

--Striker.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Yeah, keep organising. I would like to fly over to a mini some time this year. (from Perth) so notice would be great :)

B_P_J

Full time elf
Striker, if you can organise something like that, it would be fantastic, I know Ben & Dave spend a lot of their time doing it and would be great if they could get some help, Ben gets really busy with work and goes away a lot, and Lithgow well he lives in Lithgow and we know what he gets up to in his spare time...
wpid-bb88-story-582x436.jpg

&
coke-sign-cirlce-619-386.jpg

LOL!!!!

I know they would love to see someone else step up and help with this ever growing community, I would love to try and help but with my job I never know where & when I will be away or working 90+ hour weeks, happens a lot more lately I tell you... and the Tax man loves me, oh that and building a house takes up plenty of time,
I still seriously don't know how I managed to pull my display together by the end of it...
So if you have any ideas or suggestions by all means voice them, they will be read and responded.

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
Minis usually go over a weekend and in that 2 days we have plenty of free time for questions. Especially we now have 2 of the software gang from Xlights living in the sydney area we can bombard them with lots :)

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
Hey all,

If there is an appetite for the Sydney Fish Market again this year, I'm sure we can swing it again.

Just let me know early, so I can book a room well in advance.

FYI - May is a really bad month for me. In the past I have been quiet absent despite being the venue host. Can I propose an April or June date? Remembering Easter is on Sunday 16th April.

Craig (Shire)

Benslights

Dedicated elf
well lets start putting dates out there and locations. i will be able to help but will not have the time this year to run it. plus i would like to see some new blood stepping up.

Habbosrus

Back again
Striker said:
I live out west, and won't mind asking the Rooty Hill RSL about it?

Shaggers Ridge Rissole sounds Like a great idea! I grew up in Mt Druitt and know the RSL well. I believe it's much different now though. The club now has some sort of accomodation too, doesn't it? Parking would be a breeze as well.
I've been interested in attending minis for the past few years, but have never managed to make it to them. It think the RSL would be a great idea as it's easily accessible via the M7.
For those wondering about my first sentence, Shaggers = Rooty - Ridge = Hill - Rissole = RSL. That's how it was referred to when I was a young fella. It had a few other names as well, but we won't go there :eek:

Jay.S

Full time elf
Although I would have no idea where (read: I can't help with securing a venue) I second the "out west" idea. Still easy to get to (even for people from the north side of Sydney) and usually much better parking. I wouldn't mind lending a hand (depending on the dates).

i13

Dedicated elf
A post like this concerns me. If it's not a dangerous allergy then we really need to stick with the fish markets. It's a free venue with free parking. It's been the location for several years and that's because it works. My concern is that a change of venue will increase the entry and/or parking fee for everyone who attends. A worse possibility is that if the current venue is ruled out, there won't be a Sydney mini at all. I've seen how much difficulty there has been with finding a new Adelaide mini venue each year and there's a lot more free parking around Adelaide than in Sydney.

I'm keen to attend this year. At the moment I'm moving from Adelaide to Canberra and then starting a new job. Give me a month or so and I'll hopefully be able to help plan things out.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
13 we are looking at other venues for many reasons.
if it was the perfect location i would not have said lets have a look at other options.
the markets has worked well for the past few years but some times a change is good.

we have the markets up our sleeve but there is nothing wrong with looking at other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.