Synchronizing xLights & Vixen Editing?

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
My existing show is done with Vixen3 and this year xLights will be driving just my P10 matrix content.

Synchronizing actual play out is easy with multi-sync'd Falcon Players, however I'm quickly discovering that synchronizing the actual editing process of sequences is a little more tricky.

Obviously I can have both apps open at once on different screens, but I can still only play one editor at a time (as it's impossible to click play on both Vixen & Xlights at the same time. (I'm using the same timing marks in both too)

How are others working this sort of situation?

[SIZE=small]Or can xlights play a video instead of an audio file? I could use last year's video to match effects up then.[/SIZE]

Gilrock

Full time elf
I'm only in xLights but I have the same thing because I sequence my P10 panel in it's own sequence. So far I've not really needed to see what I had going on elsewhere. I'm usually doing something completely different on my panel. If you have a video why not just play it in your computers native video player. You can use the timestamp to figure out where you are.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Tried that - but it was just as cumbersome as there's still 2 sets of play/stop buttons.

However! - Last night in the chtroom, Fing gave me the idea of creating a second "fake" matrix in xLights; then I imported last year's video recording on to it. Now in the preview i see both matrix's / previews in sync so it's much easier to get alignments correct.

When I'm done, I'll just delete the second fake matrix out & upload to FPP as usual :)