Hobart/Tas Tas Mini 2021 - 18th April

Event details

Event date
Sunday, Apr 18, 2021 Sunday, Apr 18, 2021
Registration deadline
Monday, Apr 12, 2021
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
LawrenceDriveLights LawrenceDriveLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Snowy Snowy 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Andrew Lee Andrew Lee 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Cherie & Wayne Cherie & Wayne 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Tasmoken Tasmoken 1
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1 Spoiler content hidden.
J justintas 1 Spoiler content hidden.
bluewombat bluewombat 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Max Jago Max Jago 2 Spoiler content hidden.
darylc darylc 1 Spoiler content hidden.
burnt burnt 1 Spoiler content hidden.
MD389 MD389 1 Spoiler content hidden.

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Tas Mini 2021 - Launceston

Date: Sunday 18th April 2021
Location: Prospect High School, Ralph St Propspect, Launceston ( thanks to @Snowy for arranging this)
Time: Sunday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Doors open from 9:00am for a quick meet and greet / coffee if you want).
Cost:$Free
Lunch BYO
Some basic refreshments available

Note we have to comply with any COVID-19 protocols and possible restrictions and thus could result in a last minute cancellation.

Maximum Number of Attendees = 20

If any Mainlanders wish to attend the Launceston Airport is approx 15 minutes away from the venue.

We will have some raffle prizes including Pixel Controllers / xLights Sequences / DC Controllers / Coro Props plus some other goodies :)

Note if you are a Vendor and wish to donate a raffle prize please contact myself or @Snowy, thank you.

Below is a Map of the location within the Prospect school grounds, and showing which room the school has kindly made available
Parking is available outside this room

School Map (1).PNG

Last edited:

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Reserved

Quick Update on proposed topics and those who showed interested in sharing information on the following topics (To be confirmed).
Note these wont be formal presentations as such (unless the presenter wishes to), more round table based discussions with some visual aids / photos etc / used if the presenter wishes to.

Here is list of proposed topics thus far (contact me if you have any questions or if you would like to present / share something).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blinky 101 - A basic look at creating a light display - Lawrence Drive Lights

Pixel Controllers - Falcon / Advatek / BBB based board (Kulp / Hanson Electronics) - Lawrence Drive Lights / MD389

Binky Prop Build Tips - Arches / Coro Props etc - Lawrence Drive Lights / Troy ELD ??

Show Players FPP / xSched - Lawrence Drive Lights / MD 389

Mega Tree build - Andrew Lee

DMX Props - Max

DMX Large Moving Head (Show and Tell and maybe we can get it to work :) ) - Andrew and all

Fault Finding - General discussion - Snowy

Fault Finding - Lawrence Drive Lights

P10 / P5 panels / Tune To Signs etc - Lawrence Drive Lights / Max ?? / Snowy ??

Networking - MD389

xLights 101 (Basics) - including tips for creating your own sequence and sequence importing tips - Lawrence Drive Lights

3D Printing - Lawrence Drive Lights

Sharing of display items / General Questions / Topics etc - Anybody including

Penguins by Lawrence Drive Lights - Quick Show and Tell

P5 Matrix by Snowy - Quick Show and Tell

Burnie Council Tree by JustinTas

This is just some suggested topics etc feel free to contact me about anything listed or if you wish to add something yourself

Last edited:

Snowy

Phil
Thanks LDL that's great not sure what i can add just willing to chat about all my issues and how we sorted them out .

andrewa

Full time elf
from the spiritoftasmania.com.au web site

Sail to Tassie from 1 March to 30 June and bring your car for free.
so Pay around $180 for 1 person or $360 for 2 people each way and bring car for free

Reactions: AAH

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Your more than welcome @bluewombat, it would be a great opportunity to find out the basics.

I will run a Basic 101 info session and we can walk you through the aspects of getting a display up and going

Keep a eye on this thread as we will post more details soon regarding mini location etc

MD389

New elf
Count me in. Thanks LDL and Snowy for doing the grunt work.

I'll be able to share some knowledge on setting up xSchedule, networking (basic also if wanted network security considerations and ideas) and also if anyone else is interested Advatek controller setup.