Testing Hardware in LSP

Porsche

Full time elf
Can anyone tell me when I run a test through lsp the colours are all around the wrong way (P2 running 2811 strips) Its obvioulsy something Ive done wrong.
See attached. when I put the red test on I end up with Blue lights, then green test with red lights and so on.
Ive taken a few screens shots and photos of the lights. what the hell have I done???
Never the less, Im pretty stoked I actually managed to set the hardware up into LSP and got it to work for the first time. BREAK THROUGH...
Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• Blue test.pdf
    316.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Green test.pdf
    319.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Red test.pdf
    319.2 KB · Views: 5

DougieB

Full time elf
Not always user fault with this one, cabn be how the lights were made.2 ways to fix it, one through the controller the other in LSP
In LSP right click on the controller and go into configure controller
Click on the channels tab and the click the renumber/prefix channels button
select the arrangement that suits your pixels and click ok, should then be good to go
The other way is to go into the controller and modify the string effects the same way, so if you are using a J1Sys product go into Effect config and select the RGB arrangement that matches what you need

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You can also change the RGB orientation in the ECG and Sandevices E1.31 controllers and I find that this is the best method as its not dependant on your software.

See most RGB lights do not actually get sold as RGB and as such need to have the RGB orientation changed and this is easily done either at the hardware level in the controller settings or can be done with most software packages easily enough. But its very common for this to be done.

Porsche

Full time elf
I had a go at changing string effects in the ECG to show RGB-RGB. Unless Ive missed something in the effects tab. Ive attached a screen shot.
I ran a test through Da E1.31 and still getting channel 1 as Blue 2 as Red 3 as Green.
Is there something Ive missed here??

Attachments

• String effects.pdf
    285.2 KB · Views: 11

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Thats because you have not set anything on, have not allocated any pixels and have not changed the RGB orientation, it appears that you havent set anything up here so it will not do anything

You need to
1: Select the Act box for #01A or what ever output you are wanting to do so output 2 would be #02A and so on, dont worry about using #01B, ect as these are for additional effects
2: Set start pixel to 1
3: Set pixel count to the number of pixels you want to change the RGB orientation
4: Select the RGB Conv to be RGB - what ever is your lights (RGB to RGB means nothing changes)
then save and reboot and your done

kane

Dedicated elf
Porsche said:
I had a go at changing string effects in the ECG to show RGB-RGB. Unless Ive missed something in the effects tab. Ive attached a screen shot.
I ran a test through Da E1.31 and still getting channel 1 as Blue 2 as Red 3 as Green.
Is there something Ive missed here??
Hey Phil
Looking at your tests, it seems as though your strips are BRG.

To configure the P2 to fix this up, you'll want to check the "Act" box next to #01A, start pixel probably 1, and end pixel the number of pixels in the string. Then, under RGB Conv, you'll need to choose "RGB -> BGR" (or is it "BGR -> RGB" ? )

Then, save it, ensure you reboot the P2, and try again

Cheers

Kane