Thank you Xlights team

logandc99

Dedicated elf
A huge thank you to the Xlights team for making sequencing this year so easy and such a pleasure. It is a great piece of software and so easy to use.

First of three ( hopefully 4 ) sequences for this year.

View: http://youtu.be/Cw8qLiqu01w

kel

Dedicated elf
work26.gif

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
I really enjoyed that...
Awesome job!
Very well done, love hoe well things transitioned into each song.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Thanks. Xlights xml sequence files are shared over on the Xlights/nutcracker forum if anyone interested. Not sure how to share the mp3 as it is a spliced version of two songs in audacity so can't just buy it on iTunes and apparently not "allowed" to post mp3 files on public forums.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
very nice logan!

If you edit files using audacity. You save the audacity project file *.aup. Share that with anotehr user. They buy the original mp3 files. When they open thge project file, all of your edits gets done and the user can hen export audio. They now have an identical sound mp3 as you do. If you dont use audacity to do the editing, all bets are off.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
smeighan said:
very nice logan!

If you edit files using audacity. You save the audacity project file *.aup. Share that with anotehr user. They buy the original mp3 files. When they open thge project file, all of your edits gets done and the user can hen export audio. They now have an identical sound mp3 as you do. If you dont use audacity to do the editing, all bets are off.

Ok, thanks Sean. . I'll go find the .aup file and post it in case anyone wants it.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Excellent work Logan. Now my young bloke wants the same and that's saying something. He doesn't go much on the Christmas songs with lights but he fired up for his two favourite things. Star wars and up town funk.

Back on topic. I too would light to congratulate the xlights team. I hadn't touched anything to do with lights since last December until two weeks ago. I think my last version of xlights was 3.6. I now have 4.2. In saying that I found it very user friendly. The only thing I had to look up a video tutorial for to get the basics working was for working out the timing marks. I couldn't see to hit t and I'd never used audacity timing before to know how to load one. I know there is a lot more in there and I'm only touching the fringes and loading clipboards into lor. I'm just saying it is relatively user friendly for what it can do. I'm looking forward to spending some hours in tutorials next year to maximise my outputs.

Thanks again Sean et al.