Thanks to all of you!

Lightjunkie

New elf
OK, I'm not exactly a new member. I've been with all of you for about 10 months. I've done LOR displays for many years and decided to take RGB/DMX leap this year. But I didn't really know enough to contribute to the forums.....but I listened to all of you as you went through many of the same issues that I did. Between illness and subfreezing temperatures busting my connections (and wires)...I got my inaugural RGB display running (late...but still running). I have all of you to thank for it....all the contributors that inspired me, and kept me motivated.....THANK YOU!!

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]A few shout outs..... to Ed at J1sys who stood by me as I blew fuse by fuse. Andy Harrison...who gave me great LOR/DMX guidance. Bob...... at LOR who stayed with me until I got it right. Sean....my neighbor up north in Colorado, USA...for Nutcracker. But most of all to Eddy (Fasteddy) who gave me personal guidance no matter how remedial the question was...incredible patience and generosity. At times, I'm sure that he thought I should change my hobby to knitting.....but he did not say that.....words can not express my gratitude. But all of you had a hand in this. [/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]If you're interested, below is a video of this years effort. Sadly, the video camera had a hard time balancing LED'S and incandescent's...so the graphics are not too visible and the video is a little dark.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks again to all of you!! Can't wait until next November!! [/font] :)

https://vimeo.com/83185201
https://vimeo.com/83185200

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Wow! That was brilliant. Perfectly sequenced. Certainly made the jump to RGB without any difficulty by the look of things. Really enjoyed the vid. Love the huge arches over what I assume is the driveway.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
An excellent show and it is great to see that your hard work and persistence payed off with a display/show that would have been a big hit in your part of the world. Seeing what you did is all the thanks I need, great work :D

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Great looking display and very well sequenced, well done!
A quick question - how big/tall are the candy canes in the front?

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
very nicely done, loved the snow falling effect of your 2d tree at the start of the first video... looked great, along with the remainder of the display too.

Binkles

Full time elf
If I can get to 1% of the quality of this for 2014 - I will be stoked.

Awesome display, and video.

Lightjunkie

New elf
OOPS! Forgot to update my channel count. :eek:

You are all too kind. I've seen the videos of your work....if you think my display is "view worthy", I'm honored.

@ [font=tahoma, sans-serif]djgra79...The candy canes (courtesy of Fasteddy) are about 24 inches (61 cm) high. I used a wide angle lens on the video camera, so everything looks small. [/font]

[font=tahoma, sans-serif]@ logandc99 ... Yes, those are 12 arches over my driveway. They're actually a lot brighter than the video shows. The kids love running under them as the show is running.[/font]

[font=tahoma, sans-serif]@ hdracer .... My wife supported my jump to RGB...ONLY if I kept the wireframe characters. I spent a lot of time constructing them, so they have a sentimental place with my family.[/font]

[font=tahoma, sans-serif]@ Fasteddy..... Your guidance was invaluable. I was out on my lawn up to 1 in the morning, (-20 degrees F) with my ohm meter trying to fix all my frozen mishaps. The cold weather settled in before I could "weatherproof" everything....valuable lesson learned. Finally found a way to build my "mega ray" that could withstand the 80 mph gusts of wind that we get out here. I used EMT conduit for the rays with a galvanized pole in the middle for support. It kept the LED strips nice and stable. [/font] :)

[/size]

Attachments

• Mega Ray B.jpg
    Mega Ray B.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 6

kel

Dedicated elf
work22.gif
:D