Thanks to all

Xccentric

New elf
I all ways get a kick out of seeing others do great Christmas light displays.
The way people make stuff. The skill of inventing/hacking bits together low tech and high tech..
The people here help one another to achieve greater and so thanks to everyone again.
I don't say much in the forums, a bit shy and time poor. But well done too all for a great community.
And sorry to those in advance. The second video is Battlefield 4 theme soundtrack (PC Game) Well known in the gaming community. Sorry that it's not a Christmas song. But I have a love for gaming for the rest of the year around. And this is for my gaming clan...

Christmas Lights Synchonized Music (Carol of the Bells)

BF4 Soundtrack to Synchronized Christmas Lights (2013)

kel

Dedicated elf
work20.gif

Q1 Are you still using the same software?
Q2 How was the church display this season?

dale82

Senior elf
Well Done Mate! I Look at it like this, Its a light show and it doesn't matter wether its not Christmassy.

Xccentric

New elf
Hey Kel,

Yes to using the same software. Matt's home brew. All we did last year was to add the function to drive a 2nd computer on the network to play/control video files that we made as part of the display. The 2nd computer's video output was connected too, two roof projectors which in turned played our videos with the lights. Matt's Lights program sends commands (computer No1) to (computer No2) with VLC (Video server) installed on it. Plays our videos during the light show at the right time. See attached photos for where the screens are.
Also a few extra photo's on inside. Puppets for the kids and train layouts for us boys oopps I mean MEN..
So yes to the church doing lights.. But down graded a lot this year. We only have 3 main men to put all the outdoor lighting up and pull down. A good chance we will be very small for the 2014 season.

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screens.JPG
    Screens.JPG
    385.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screens 2.JPG
    Screens 2.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Kid -Puppets.JPG
    Kid -Puppets.JPG