The current new guy

Tomo

New elf
Hi all,

I've been happily plodding along with making Christmas displays and I gave animated displays a go this year.

This is what I was able to achieve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvo2Nvygz_4

The rgb dumb strips were easy enough to understand. I want to expand into pixel lighting but from the little I've read I feel very overwhelmed.

On the plus side I've got months to figure it out and hoping this site will help with the answers I need,

For Christmas

Tom

dale82

Senior elf
Don't worry we all feel like this when we start, Jump into chat as there is plenty of great advice on there and ask lots of questions.

Tomo

New elf
Other then chat where's a good place to start hunting down info on pixel lighting?

dale82

Senior elf
Tomo said:
Other then chat where's a good place to start hunting down info on pixel lighting?

In your first post you say you are feeling abit overwhelmed. This is why most have said jump into chat as sometimes you can read something and it seems sooo daunting when actually it's no too bad at all.

ACL is a great community and a lot of different knowledge about. I would start with the 101 manual. Personally as I didn't have any knowledge at all about networking and DMX and electrical knowledge I found that the 101 manual made no sense to me in the end and I felt so overwhelmed that I thought that I counldnt do it. I jumped into chat and found that there was always a friendly hand in chat that was willing to help me.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome2.gif

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Welcome to ACL, and like others mentioned, jump into chat.

That is where I started. You can learn a lot just by being in chat

-Blu

gerry

Senior elf
Welcome to ACL !

I was in your place a year ago , but once you start its not too bad. The folks on this forum are most welcoming even outside chat.

Simplest way is to pick an element (eg outline or mega tree or whatever ) that you wish to build, only focus on that in the appropriate section or using search , build up the gist of what is required , then post a question with what you think. The response is very very quick. Then next element ..etc