The store is open. Lilia's first sequences available

smeighan

Dedicated elf
The Store is Open! http://www.nutcracker123.com/store

We have put the first three sequences up. Lilia has now gone over 100 hours for one of these sequences, Dance of the sugar plum Fairy. The other two have taken over 50 hours. These three have had the most effort from Lilia out of all the sequences she has done so far.

Videos of the first three:
http://vimeo.com/164683810 Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
Let It Go
Mary Did You Know

There is a zip file that you will get. It will contain a README file. We are also including our xlights_rgbeffects.xml from our home, the picture of our house for a background, the sequence file. In the case of Let it Go there is a 100mbyte mp4 file that can be used to project on to your garage or a matrix.

after you purchase a sequence the download link will exist for 7 days and you get 5 download attempts within that time,

Remember: These sequences are for your use, please do not share them.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
With these sequences one must remember that you are really just buying the timing marks and the effects as all the mapping/elements and drawings would have to be redone to suit your own display, you also would have to ensure your elements match any chases or you would have to redo them as well

But these sequences do look great and I can see the effort put into these

Phrog30

New elf
Fasteddy said:
With these sequences one must remember that you are really just buying the timing marks and the effects as all the mapping/elements and drawings would have to be redone to suit your own display, you also would have to ensure your elements match any chases or you would have to redo them as well

But these sequences do look great and I can see the effort put into these

Redo? No you won't. Most effects scale nicely from model to model. There are several ways to merge the purchased sequence into your own. Sounds like you don't understand xlights.

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Eddie; All xlights effects auto scale to the target models. We have a process we call "building a mapping file"

For one user it looked like this

SOURCE TARGET
Tree1 MegaTree
Tree2 HalfTree
Arch1 Arch-01
Arch2 Arch-02
Eaves1 Left Side House
Eaves2 Center House
Flood1
Flood2
SnowFlake1 CoroFlake1
SnowFlake2 CoroFlake2

Source would be the models from Lilia'a sequences, Target would be the models from their home.
In this case our models for Floods would not go any where.

Suppose our Tree is 16x50 and the Target megatree is 32x100, transformation works fine. Our effects auto-scale to any target model.

Now you open one of Lilia's sequences using "Import, Import Effects". You give the mapping file you built and 1 second later all of her sequence will have been mapped to your house. Many people are already doing this.

It is true that the mapping process may be less effective if you have way less models. We have 90 models, most users are in the 50-80 target models. These work well. What if you only had 10 models? This will work but wont look as good.

Once you build the mapping file you can use it over and over again/

Also this mapping file can be built for LOR lms, LSP msq and HLS files besides the xLights xml files.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Maybe I don't understand this feature very well, but if you do a full remap of your display to suit then wouldn't the effects have to be regenerated to now map over this new locations. for example a chase from 1 side of the house to the other, wouldn't you still need to regenerate the effect to now take in the new locations of the elements, or am I missing something here.
Don't you still have to spend the time to create the elements to suit your display. I know this would only have to be done once.
Im just trying to gain a better understanding of the process involved to use these sequences

smeighan

Dedicated elf
After you open a Lilia sequence and use the mapping file to change all effects onto your models you just press save. In about 10-20 seconds the new fseq is created that can run the lights and/or dirve the preview screen. Pressing save renders all effects into a big binary file (the *.fseq file).

When Lilia has a chase going left to right on her arches and you map her arches to yours. The effect will still be a chase going left to right (unless you scramble the mapping file).

Our sequences really do not know about models. The sequence will say put a chase from 5-15 seconds on the model called "arches". We dont really care what "arches" is made of. It could be RGB lights, ac lights, dumb lights. When you press save is when we render the nutcracker effects onto that target model.