The things that make you go "Grrrrrrr!"

Goliath

Full time elf
Thought I'd make a couple of controller boxes up today (Thank you Mr Wu and Mr Hanson for your boards!) Now I use a fair few of these boxes, some of which came from Bunnings, and some from Masters.
[URL=http://imgbox.com/lNMjnHP6] [/URL]
Now, usually, I am in a hurry to make baseboards for these boxes, and generally measure poorly, cut worse, then have to trim a bit here, file a bit there, and wind up with a really dodgy looking baseboard.
Today, I turned over a new leaf. I measured carefully, made a coro template, cut it out carefully, and voilà! Near Perfect fit.
Traced the coro template onto plywood, and cut out two baseboards. Dropped them one at a time into one of the boxes, Glory be! Near perfect fit! No filing or trimming!

Dropped one baseboard into the other box, or tried too ..........

These trice cursed gosh darned boxes are NOT the same! Which is actually obvious, once you REALLY look! But who does that? :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Took me a while to spot that the oval on the lid is not even remotely close to being the same.

videoman3857

Full time elf
Hate to say it, But I noticed the different doors straight away.
I got a swag of the top one (Bunnings) complete with time clock, multi outlet board and a 3 mtr extension lead.
I made a template of cardboard (never thought of coro)
All my bases are 3mm aluminium plate screwed to the base. of the boxes

marmalade

cats & pixels
another thing to make you go grrrrrrr...

Cutting a 2811 strip to length, soldering on 2 pigtails (3 pin and 2 pin injection), siliconing the endcaps on and -then- testing it.. only to find one of the solder joints is not right.

Stuff like that is a gentle reminder not to get too cocky!

pookie

New elf
Had a grrrrr moment in the shed today. One day of soldering left, switched on the soldering iron, light came on but no heat in iron.

No time or space to take iron apart at the moment, had to fall back on the butane soldering iron. Not great heat control, but at least was able to complete the soldering.