there was a problem loading the sequence....

Baf05

Full time elf
That's the error message I am getting....

It my final sequence for this year, I have tried saving it and opening it on a different computer and get the same error...

not much info I know, but its all I have?

Baf05

Full time elf
The only thing I have done to my computer today is change some sharing settings so I can access files from my ipad could that be it? Because now the sequencer that was working perfectly wont work either?

burner

Full time elf
If you look in the directory where the msq file sites (normally under Documents\My Lightshow Sequences), do you have any .bak files there? Hopefully upon every save, it's been creating a backup file. If this is there, grab the latest one and rename it to .msq and see if you can at least get everything back from the last save.

Baf05

Full time elf
that was a good idea, and I had hope, but alas no :( its ok, I had another file that was very close, so I am using that.....

Now to try and fix scheduler....

burner

Full time elf
Does your machine have previous versions setup at all?

Also, if you rename your file to .zip, can you open it up and see the files inside?

burner

Full time elf
Al least that's a starting point. I spent this week remaking an existing sequence from scratch after the sequencer and the scheduler decided that the sequence was 1:53 long, where it was really 2:35. It would speed up my sequence to fit the 1:53 timeframe, and then there would be 40 seconds of no lights while the music finished. No matter what I did, it wouldn't fix itself. In the end it was quicker to remake it.

Baf05

Full time elf
well lucky for me I had a back up under a different name so no really harm....

I uninstalled the scheduler and it seems to be working, fingers crossed....