Timing track

unnefer

New elf
Hi. New to forum and to xLight :)

I'm having a problem with xLights where I seem to have messed up my timing track. It's showing a green bird head icon and it cannot be used to trigger models anymore?

Basically I originallyadded an empty timing track and was adding timing marks to each beat of the song being used in the show, but I missed a few and tried to add them to and broke what I had already done:(

Asyou can imaginge,a song has probably a thousand or so kick-drum beats, and I had all but about 5 marked out, but now none of what I had done can be used.

Hopefully someone knows what I did and can help me get it working again.

Thanks,
Leslie
Save​

keithsw1111

Senior elf
You seem to have down a breakdown phrases so now it thinks it is a papagayo track. There is no way to undo this without editing the xml. If you post your sequence xml I will try to undo it for you.

Gilrock

Full time elf
Yeah you did phrase and word breakdown to create it into a Papagayo timing track. But even so a Papagayo track will work just fine for placing effects. What kind of trigger isn't working?

Gilrock

Full time elf
keithsw1111 said:
A couple of effects that let you use timing tracks filter out timing tracks with greater than 1 layer.

Not sure we need to do that. The first layer can still work fine for triggering effects.

unnefer

New elf
Thanks for all the replies. Darn it, terrible mistake to make by me.

I'm at work right now, so not entirely sure of the name of element effect - it basically just switched the element on every time it passed a timing mark. I was using the element effect to make an [/size]element blink to the beat (as defined using the timing marks).

Maybe there is a better way to have an element blink to the beat of the song used? That wouldn't need me to redo the timing track?

keithsw1111

Senior elf
2 options ... send us your sequence file and we fix it. Wait for v51 where I have removed the VU Meter limitation which meant it couldnt use a papagayo track.

Both should work.

unnefer

New elf
Thanks heaps for the reply Keith. I have a 2 week wait for the pixels, so if .51 is going to be out soon, I can wait (I don't want to trouble anyone).