Answered Trouble with setting up flood lights with xlights

David_K

Full time elf
Hi,
I am trying to set up 3 flood lights (10W RGB LED flood light:DC12V input;with 4 wire)with xlights and Im not getting anywhere.
I watched a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=878M6nNOhAs and did everything to the T.
I am still no closer to getting them to output with xlights and the dmx controller.
I will put a screen shot of my layout in xlights

Can anyone please help with setting up dmx and xlights output to a dmx board. im not going through Advatek just straight to the dmx board/output
thanks
Julie

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 35
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 32
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 28

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
You look to have all sorts of wrong there Julie.
If the floods are connected to the dmx output of a Pixlite then in Xlights the universe/output should be configured as E1.31 as that is what the data is that will be sent from Xlights to the Pixlite in.
If you're trying to connect direct from the PC to the DMX board then you'll have to have a usb-485 dongle installed. If you have then most likely it is actually an "open dmx" one.
You have configured the flood as if it is a dmx controlled moving head flood but you described it as it as a 4 wire RGB flood. I've attached a screenshot of how I did my 7 rgb floods/wallwashers on my display. You're probably trying to do something similar.

Attachments

• Wallwashers.jpg
    Wallwashers.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 53

David_K

Full time elf
Hi Ahh,
ys I'm trying to connect direct from the PC to the DMX board. I have a usb-485 dongle installed. I have the "open dmx" output in universe 21.
I'm not using adavtek for the floods only the dmx board
Im so new to floods and how to set them up lol

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I do all sorts of effects over them. The bars is 1 that I like and use a fair bit.
I assume that you have the correct com port set for the open dmx dongle. This can be found via control panel and looking for the ftdi serial port. If it's the right port then going to tools and test shouldn't give you a warning about not being able to open the port.
Clicking on the test or "output to lights" should potentially get a data light flashing on the dongle and board.
What dmx board are you using?

David_K

Full time elf
well thank you, your info made us realise that we needed to keep changing usb's until the dongle was in com6
Its working :D :D

Reactions: AAH