Turn on

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
so when is everyone turning their lights on? This is my first year and I was thinking at the end of Nov yet a house down the road has them on already.

Lenny

New elf
wow they are very keen. Im planning for the 5th of December as its the first Friday of December and it will also mark the end of harvest so Im having a few farming mates over for a BBQ and they are bringing their kids over for the lights

andrewa

Full time elf
Me I am planning on installing all by 28 November, but reality switch on will be Monday 1 December as I will need the extra couple of days as I am soo far behind where I wanted to be by now

mborg10

Michael Borg
1st December for me that way it will give me a couple of days at the beginning of the week for fine tuning before peak hour hits in thurs fri sat nights

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I usually try for 1st of December, but seeing that's a Monday, I may have some of it running on the weekend prior.

Sam

I have got C.L.A.P
I think for a lot of us, the turn on will be when everything's working!

Mm

Silent elf
1st Dec for me. Setup on the 29th/30th. Fingers crossed it all works.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Cool, that's when I thought most people do it.

Mind you I have spend all my spare time since Jan creating props and building lights to sequence and now I find out I will not even be here for Christmas. I leave on the 22 Dec so will need to take it all down before then.

Based on that I may have to set them up early.

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
1st for us to. Looking forward to it. Can't wait to see all the videos of everyone elses light aswell.

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
kel said:
Jamie (Christmas On Bisley) said:
1st for us to. Looking forward to it. Can't wait to see all the videos of everyone elses light aswell.

We might even get to see it, as ours won't be ready ...

Oh no..
Love to see you here some time..

scamper

Dedicated elf
I have been struggling with this myself. At the end I decided to go with 30 nov as it is a Sunday night.
I figure I will be spending that whole weekend on the finishing touches and won't be able to wait any longer :D
I too am going to be away in December, but have luckily been able to put it off until boxing day, so I can breath easy as being in a country town, there will be very little interest after Christmas 8)

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
Mine will officially be on the 1st but hoping for a preview show to be running on the weekend before.
I have already seen about a dozen houses around my area that already have lights on. I started today with most of the lights on the roof.