Thursday, Feb 18
6:30pm MST , 8:30pm EST

We will be using zoom conferencing.
https://zoom.us/j/3035202024

thanks
sean

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Great tutorial Sean, thanks for taking the time to share your expertise, much appreciated.
On the topic of custom models, I've recently created a model of a rooftop star using excel which has 3 layers/strands but I'm not sure how to define these layers in xlights. (Originally this star used 3 channels of ropelight with a simple chase, 1,2,3. 1,2,3 and I want to be able to mimic this effect)
If you have a chance, I'd be interested to know how you might go about modelling such an element?
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,8608.0.html

David.

Gilrock

Full time elf
David your not going to get better advice than you've already gotten in that other thread. You only have 2 options. Either use the Star model which won't be non-proportional....or.....create 3 custom models and then add them into a model group. With Dan's new buffer type options in the latest build you should be able to do the chase you want with the 3 models in a model group. I've been one of the developers for over a year so it's as good as hearing from Sean.

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Gilrock said:
David your not going to get better advice than you've already gotten in that other thread. You only have 2 options. Either use the Star model which won't be non-proportional....or.....create 3 custom models and then add them into a model group. With Dan's new buffer type options in the latest build you should be able to do the chase you want with the 3 models in a model group. I've been one of the developers for over a year so it's as good as hearing from Sean.
Hi Gilrock, I hope you don't think I was ignoring your advice in the other thread. We had just finished Sean's web tutorial and the final topic was custom models so I was just continuing the conversation and asking for his thoughts. No offence intented.

Appreciate the work yourself, Sean and all the developers are doing. xlights is an incredible program and we in this hobby are very lucky to have such a great team driving the software further.

Thanks, David.